“Delicious Korean - Dining Out Made Easy for All”
Review of Goshen - CLOSED

Goshen
Cuisines: Korean
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Fitzroy
Reviewed May 12, 2011

I'm a gluten-free vegetarian and am usually rather excluded when it comes to group dinners. However, for the very first time, I joined my friends for a birthday celebration (12 of us) and was able to fully participate in the set menu at Goshen.

In fact, the staff were both knowledgeable and considerate when it came to my special dietary requirements. Dishes that I could or couldn't eat were pointed out as they arrived.

There was plenty of food and a wide variety of offerings. My friends were overwhelmed with the amount of seafood, which they loved.

I particularly liked that at Goshen they are not afraid to use spice. Whilst I'm not one for hot'n'spicy food, I do like a little chilli bang every now and then. The vegetarian hot-pot sorted this out. Mixed vegetables with tofu over a bed of steamed rice topped with a poached egg and red chilli sauce is delivered in a big cast iron bowl straight from the oven and stirred together at the table. Yum.

For those who are afraid of a bit of zing, the staff are more than happy to accommodate. In fact, we found them friendly and welcoming in every respect.

I'd highly recommend Goshen for dining out in groups of any size - from romantic couple, circle of friends to celebration event.

It pays to book ahead during peak times (Fri/Sat evening) and in late December when a lot of work functions are going on. There is an upstairs space for large group bookings and/or overflow, which is just wonderful, too.