“Wonderful Lunch with Friends”
Review of Cafe Latte

Cafe Latte
Ranked #750 of 4,329 Restaurants in Melbourne
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 13, 2013

Went for lunch at Cafe Latte with friends (4 adults, 4 kids). Started with the calamari to share, then had the goat followed by sharing the tiramisu. Food was fantastic - great flavours and good helping size - not small, but not large. Service was O, but a little patchy - the waiter forgot the wine order.

Wine list is OK, but limited for by the glass. Great ambiance. Will definitely go back.

Reviewed April 3, 2013

I Went to Cafe Latte last night with my wife and two adult children. We had been here many other times with the service and food being of good value, but not tonight.

Due to a food allergy I cannot have any spicy food of any sort. The steak had peppers and so I ordered med to well done steak with no peppers and with a side of spinach.

First time I get the steak with peppers and no spinach. Meal returned. I received the right meal, but it was less than medium cooked(more rare).

I cut up the portions to see what I could eat but it wasn't to what I ordered so I returned the meal. It came back again with what I sent back but just recooked!

My sons steak was supposed to be medium but It was rare.

Overall it was a very poor meal. As my meal was twice returned and I basically didn't each much because of this, I requested reduction in the bill. The meal was expensive especially based on what we got and that the meal for me was not edible.

Answer from the Manager was that there would be no credit and to pay the bill in full. This was the feedback from the waiter as he manager/owner wouldn't even respond. We found the whole experience very disappointing and certainly spoiled the night. The worst part seemed to be that the Manager didn't care at all!!

Lost my patronage for ever now!

Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

We had an amazing variety of pastas for lunch. There were six of us. Three had the risotto, two of us the linguini with crab and someone had pasta with lam. The meals were all excellent with tasty simply cooked well presented food.
The waiter an Italian seemed off the Planet. He hardly listened to anything we said or asked, maybe I should have been speaking Italian to him ( unfortunately I can't). I thought the restaurant was a tad expensive but then the flavours erased the price hurt.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

I recently enjoyed lunch at this Melbourne establishment. I hadn't dined here for a while and now I wonder why not! The interior is bright and comfortable and the atmosphere unhurried. The lunch menu is extensive. I enjoyed the smoked salmon salad with a glass of Margaret River Sauvignon Blanc! Delicious! The coffee is great and the service attentive. Looking forward to trying the evening menu soon. Also, on the last Wednesday of each month they hold a musical evening upstairs. It is best to book for this.

Reviewed January 12, 2013

Caffe Latte consists of one medium sized room with an outlook onto Malvern Road. What makes the space is the amazing light fitting / sculpture, the eclectic Italian feel artworks and the white table cloths with various stripped cloth napkins. I really loved sitting in the restaurant. The service was good - who doesn't love a waiter with an italian accent that smiles at your kids! And the food was well executed and tasty.