“Lived up to expectations!”
Review of Bistro Guillaume

Bistro Guillaume
Ranked #76 of 4,065 Restaurants in Melbourne
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Southbank
Description: Bistro Guillaume Melbourne has been inspired by France's most popular neighbourhood bistros. Bistro Guillaume features a plat du jour daily and is equally accommodating for solo diners such as hotel guests as it is for families, small groups and couples alike. Ideally located next to Nobu, Bistro Guillaume features an extensive outdoor terrace, a hallmark of the world's best bistros, a zinc-topped bar, a private room and a spacious, welcoming dining area.
“Lived up to expectations!”
Reviewed July 26, 2014

We tried Bistro Guillaume for the first time last night and were not disappointed. Great vibe and not noisy like a lot of the Crown restaurants can be. Menu was excellent and service was great. The food was 5 star and very French as you would expect but not overly rich like a lot of French cooking can be. The beef Plate of the Day was superb and the Tuna was exceptional. The lemon tart was the best we've ever had and the chef and his team are to be congratulated. Service was great as they allowed (without asking) a nice break between each course. Looks like a great place in summer for lunch sitting outside when the weather is good. Francois in South Yarra is great but Bistro Guillaume was equally as good and you're not jammed in like sardines!

1 Thank Madagencies

• Turkish first
“Good service”
Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

We bumped into this one by chance as another nearby restaurant was fully booked. The waiters were quite attentive although I did have to ask the water to be refilled. The menu was quite extensive and the plate of the day beef daube was also very delicious.

The price was reasonable for a restaurant in the casino. The setting was nice. The apple orchid sour cocktail was amazing!

“Ok, but I have had better in Melbourne”
Reviewed July 10, 2014

As my daughter and I were missing Paris! We decided to experience French cuisine Melbourne style. unfortunately we had been to another French restaurant 2 nights before which was outstanding!! (Same pricing, but I left a $70 tip!) The position of Bistro Guillaune restaurant was amazing! The water view was lovely. The service was faultless, the prices were not too expensive, but although the food was fine. We both felt it was average. Escargot is one of my favourites! But they were so very oily it was hard to finish them, the flavour was perfect though. The main course and desert were lovely but my palate seemed to be still tasting oil. I have never written an average review. But I felt I should be honest. But please Note! This is only 2 people's opinion. It maybe that we had different expectations.($20 tip).

2 Thank Donna R
Australia
“Great find in Melbourne”
Reviewed July 8, 2014

Wonderful place for lunch. We were in Melbourne and were delighted with our French lunch. Great service and fantastic ambience . The lemon tart amazing.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
“Excellent”
Reviewed July 3, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Great atmosphere, very professional and friendly staff. Most importantly, excellent food. I had the cassoulet special and my wife had the Tuna. Both meals were amongst the best we've had. Desserts were also extremely tasty and of generous size. Will definitely visit again. The only downside (and it could just be me in a hurry) is the time it took to get the bill once we were finished

Visited June 2014