Causeway 353 Hotel
  • Room Service
Hotel Causeway(Melbourne)
  • Fitness center
1,147 results
All reviewscontinental breakfastequitable placecollins streetgreat locationlane waycentral locationspa roomyogurtelizabeth stwould stay here againgood sizefree wifitea coffeefederation squareking roombed was comfortablereception staff
Reviewed November 14, 2011

when I checked in I requested a room with the most sunny exposure and I was advised that due to the position of the building most windows overlook a wall and that all rooms were therefore similar. when I checked into the room I found that my window was tiniest in the whole floor and this was meant to be a deluxe room. when I asked to move to a different room I was told that the hotel is fully booked (typical excuse). not happy with the check in so far. but room is clean and well stocked and location is best.

• Stayed: November 2011
Reviewed November 5, 2011

This hotel is very conveniently situated in the centre of Melbourne's CBD. However it was very difficult for our taxi driver to find. There is no entrance onto the street as it is down a narrow lane. By the time we reached the hotel entrance we were sodden from the heavy Melbourne downpour.
We are both elderly and no offer was made to help with our baggage. After our stay I did send in a complaint to the management and received an apology.
The small crowded bedroom with king size bed was as comfortable as could be expected. Hot water, a bath and a strong shower were welcome. This is a comfort that is often lacking even in expensive hotels.
Over all the hotel suited our purpose which was to be in the centre of Melbourne. We felt that the staff could have been trained to be more polite and obliging. It seems that one has to visit Asia to be treated with respect. When will Australian hoteliers learn that their clients like to be spoilt, even a little, on a holiday?

Room Tip: don't expect too much. The locality and the price are the selling points.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank whiskey72
Reviewed November 5, 2011

My friends and I travelled to Melbourne for the Melbourne Cup and Crown Oaks race days. There was four of us with two rooms and two single beds. We didn't spend much time in the rooms but they were always cleaned well and a pastry and glass of milk for breakfast was all that we needed after a big night. One criticism is that they were always busy at the front desk and it took about an hour to check in and another 20min to pay for the mini bar on the last day. It has a great location with everything reasonably close. Take a train if you are going to Flemington as the taxis did take a while.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 3, 2011

Just spent 3 nightes here, and no complaints at all,
Staff were lovely, breakfast was what was advertised and this hotel didn't claim to be something it wasn't,
I enjoyed my stay here, and the location is just perfect.
Hotel staff were able to answer all questions about melbourne,
Nice big bed, bathrobes
I'll be back again in a few weeks

Nice all round, for what I paid, I fell it was good value

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed October 31, 2011

This is a great hotel because of its location in central Melbourne. The rooms are clean with a very confortable king size bed, pillows are not the best but there are 4 if you need them. Continental breakfast is ok with the option of purchasing a cooked breakfast but there are so many places to eat it may be good to explore your surroundings.Staff are as you would expect from a high turnover of people place with not much interaction as they see so many people come and go. It served our purpose well and we have stayed at the sister hotel Causeway down the other side of Little Collins street and liked it better. lots of great places to eat nearby including a good Indian restaurant and C&B just down an alleyway on the other side of Elizabeth Street.

Room Tip: The higher floor rooms block out the noise from trucks in alley.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple