“First coffee in Melbourne”
Review of Gilson South Yarra

Gilson South Yarra
Ranked #1,956 of 5,598 Restaurants in Melbourne
Description: Local neighbourhood Italian restaurant open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Pizza, pasta, wine, brunch, cocktails, aperitivo hour.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

First coffee in Melbourne and it was great. Quality coffee and food. We enjoyed a very tasty breakfast sitting outside and two coffees each. Chilli scrambled eggs were excellent. Will come back.

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (50)

Reviewed January 3, 2020 via mobile

Good food but very average service. Attended for a brunch with fiends and while the restaurant was no where near full the service was very average. Food and drink okay but limited menu even if sizes are generous. Overall a bit disappointing.

Date of visit: January 2020
Reviewed December 4, 2019

This is a nice place in an expensive part of town. I felt like I was at a Young Liberals meeting with all the yuppies around me.

Service was good....very attentive.

Food was mostly good too, we were a group of 6 so shared a few dishes. We went Sunday for lunch so paid a service surcharge. Price was a little high in my opinion, but not over the top.

Reviewed November 24, 2019

On a strip of excellent cafes and restaurants, this one was a stand-out. Terrific service - despite the fact that they are packed most of the time - and really good coffee.

Reviewed November 16, 2019

I came here last week with some friends. I found the wait staff to be quite nice, but the managers were very rude to me and made me feel very uncomfortable. I don’t think there’s any excuse to be rude to a customer.