WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Red Spice Road

Red Spice Road
Ranked #42 of 3,781 Restaurants in Melbourne
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Business meetings, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Alberta
“Great for a Group Dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2013

We had a business group dinner at Red Spice Road. Everyone chose a different dish which we all shared. The tastiest was the pork belly. Atmosphere is modern and can be a bit noisy so probably not great for a romantic dinner unless there is seating that is a bit more secluded.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Melbourne
“Fantastic food, atmosphere and service!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2013

Location is great, decor very modern Asian, it's definitely a lively place - make sure you book in advance. Majority of the seating is shared so ask for a table if you want more intimacy. Upon looking at the menu I thought omg, I tend to be a fussy eater when it comes to Asian. However I thought I need to live a little and our table picked 3 dishes to share with a couple of entrees to start. The food / flavours were exceptional, there was so much food, people rave about the pork belly and although it was nice, it was a decent size so I recommend you share with others. Highlights - entrees - lamb balls and veggie fritters, the cocktails - amazing and the service - brilliant. Lowlights - nothing major, it was a little pricey with the cocktails $20 a glass. I suppose you get what you pay for, this place didn't disappoint!

Melbourne, Australia
“Always great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Red Spice Road is constantly reinventing itself (but also making sure they maintain their tried but true specialty dishes like the Pork Belly).
I must admit that I am a regular at this venue and have enjoyed a vast array of food from their kitchen. To note for readers, they generally change their menu every two weeks so apart from my usual Pork Belly, I get to try something new and different twice a month.
If you haven't been there in a while, I heartily recommend coming back and trying some of the new dishes they have on offer.

Visited October 2013
Melbourne, Australia
“Always a pleasure”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2013

Been here twice and they still haven't disappointed. We came in a group of 9, for an overseas relative. We ordered the $75 banquet, which gave us 4 appetisers, 2 entrees, 4 mains, 1 dessert ... and that filled us up + a lot of satisfaction, we could have done with the $65 banquet. Most dishes are spicy but it suits me to a T.

The Pork Belly with Apple Slaw, Chilli Caramel and Black Vinegar was the highlight of the night, and in my opinion their signature dish - intense flavour, melt-in-your-mouth tender meat, well-complimented apple slaw, sweet sauce .... I'm more than happy to just order this dish and rice.

Table we had was immediately to the left of the entrance, it had a huge glass window looking out, allowed for people-watching (not that we had time to do that while we had our heads buried in our food). But the rest of the restaurant has lots of long and big tables to cater for shared tables, so if you are rocking up with a small group, be prepared to share a big table with others.

Mission Beach, Australia
“Fantastic modern Asian”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2013 via mobile

I loved everything about this place. There was a great modern ambience, the staff were friendly and helpful and the food!! Everything we had was tasty with such complex but perfectly complementing flavours. It takes Asian cuisine to the next level. I would definitely recommend the pork belly. It did seem initially quite pricey but because the large meals are to share the final cheque was very reasonable and we were full!

Visited November 2013