“Fantastic Steak”

Ranked #48 of 4,219 Restaurants in Melbourne
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Australian, Grill
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Description: Committed to serving premium quality produce in a welcoming environment, our beef is sourced from across the country from Gippsland to Rockhampton and is graded by Meat Standards of Australia for its cut and quality - Come experience premium beef, basted and grilled to perfection, at three steak restaurants in Melbourne's CBD.
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Great steakhouse. The steaks were divine and the desserts (creme brule and sticky date pudding) were superb. I would recommend making a reservation as they were fully booked the night we were there.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

Quite happy with the service and food received. The staff accommodated a last minute booking for us on a busy Thursday night, we were advised that the table would be needed back for another booking and the staff ensured our meals arrived promptly so that we could vacate in time, yet we were not rushed through our dinner, which was 3 courses.
Good range of menu options and excellent wine list.
Ambiance is lovely, nicely lit and not too noisy. Very good staff, ensuring water is always refilled, meals are satisfactory and more drinks offered as required.
For Entree we had the beef tartere and baked mushrooms, mushrooms where the highlight for me although both has excellent flavours.
For mains I had a steak which arrived a perfect medium rare as ordered and my partner had the lamb special which also arrived medium rare as ordered. Both meals were lovely, the lamb would be my favourite though as it came with sides, I chose not to order sides with my steak I was sure I would be full and I was right.
For dessert my partner had the sticky date pudding which was great, excellent sticky date flavour with a lovely rich sauce.

Pricey but worth it, I would definitely go back.

Thank Philip and Meli... M
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Ate here one evening based on the reviews here on tripadvisor.

Nice place with friendly staff who are happy to make suggestions and recommendations when asked. It's a nice place without being stuffy.

The steaks we had were all good as was the wine and sides.
Unfussy, unpretentious good food, served well and all in a friendly, informal setting.
I will happily come here again next time I'm in Melbourne and also recommended it to colleagues who went another night and also enjoyed it.

Reviewed March 2, 2013

The team at Rare Steakhouse know what they're doing. The steaks are cooked to perfection, the sides are all exceptionally well done and the chefs are happy to accommodate dietary requirements.

Prices are a little expensive - particularly the extras ($4.50 extra for sauces, $1.50 for butter on your steak) and sides but it is ultimately worth it for a great night out.

If you're staying nearby, or even if you aren't, a trip to Rare Steakhouse wouldn't go astray.

One point - Not open on Sundays or for lunch on Saturdays.

1  Thank Wadsworth25
Reviewed March 2, 2013

Really impressed with the overall dining experience at Rare Steakhouse. My partner had TBone and I had Eye Fillet - We both said it was the best steak we'd had. Good ambiance and there was a lovely friendly Italian waitress who provided great service, Would definitely recommend eating here.