“Won't be staying here again .”

Seasons Heritage Melbourne
Ranked #111 of 158 Hotels in Melbourne
Bendigo
“Won't be staying here again .”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2014 via mobile

I was very disappointed with the hotel. The front desk staff were great. When we arrived in the room I was so dissapointed . The room was solo small 2 metres x 3.5 metres with a small double bed in there. We had no room to pass each other . A small l shaped nook came off the room as was our very small galley style kitchen. Bathroom was not much bigger with multiple cracked basin. All Walls in room were cracked ,marked, scuffed ,stained with coffee and sorts. The TV was so very small as we strained to see it from the bed. All this for the price that was ridiculously high, regardless of what weekend it was. Asked staff to upgrade but we're not able to accommodate us . I think this hotel needs to seriously educate their staff on standards of cleaning each room and how to do it. Hotel needs to also update these rooms and give them another overhaul and make them larger. On my request I asked for a one bedroom apartment if possible, as I would gladly pay extra on the special that they offered. I never expected this . I am a seasoned traveller, but I will not recommend this place at all .

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank MarimBendigo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
melbourne
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2014

We stayed with friends overnight in what they called an apartment. A very strange set up - you open the front door and are then confronted with a vestibule that has 2 separate doors - one leads to a space with a bedroom and own bathroom and the other one to a space that contains a kitchenette, living area, bedroom and bathroom. The 2 rooms are not really connected to each other at all??? This would be a very difficult set up if you were with your family as communication between the to rooms was impossible. Also the there were no hooks so you could keep the doors open between the rooms and they also locked automatically - we had to shove magazines or put our luggage to wedge them open so both couples could use the facilities - lounge area, kitchenette.

I thought the apartment was very shabby and badly decorated. There were no wine glasses. Internet was a ridiculous $5.00 per hour - they can put free wifi in a backpackers but not in an expensive apartment!! There was no music facilities and if you wanted to play a dvd you had to hire one from reception. In the main bedroom there were only 2 pillows on the bed and they were as flat as a piece of toast and extremely uncomfortable.

Overall a very disappointing stay and I would not recommend the apartments or stay there again.

Room Tip: Don't bother staying here.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank bootznall
SHM_Management, Manager at Seasons Heritage Melbourne, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
Dear bootznall,Thank you for posting your review. We love to hear all feedback - both positive and negative. All comments have been noted and will be discussed further at our next hotel meeting.
The hotel provide door stopper for all interconnecting room since February and we are currently in the process of changing our pillows. Thank you again for your feedback and we wish to extend my apologies for any inconvenience caused.
Best Regards,
Hotel Manager

Travelers are raving about these Melbourne hotels

Brisbane
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights on our trip to Melbourne and great ocean road and it was fabulous! Reception was so helpful on check in,providing us with a map and suggested we park the car and use the tram service. The stop was right outside the front door, was 10 mins to the city, 5 mins to st kilda beach and 5 mins chappel street and it was so easy (and cheap) Our room was spotless and modern, having the kitchenette was really handy to cook meals. The bathroom was a good size and always had hot water! Bed was comfy and air con worked well. We will certainly be staying here again next time we are in Melbourne!!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dear Huggles_83, Thank you for sharing your " Excellent " review of your recent stay at the Seasons Heritage Melbourne on Tripadvisor. .I will proudly share it to all of our team.It was certainly a pleasure for us to be at your service and we all look forward to welcoming you again.
warm regards,
Isabelle Caderbaccus
Hotel Manager.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2014

What a great location, it made it so easy to travel around on the tram. Hotel also has a very good restaurant. Staff where very help full. Room wasn't the biggest, but we where only in there to sleep. Would happily stay there again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
SHM_Management, Manager at Seasons Heritage Melbourne, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
Thank you TerryJ for taking the time to provide us with your feedback following your recent stay at The Seasons Heritage Melbourne. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your overall stay at the hotel.
We look forward to having you stay again soon.
Warm regards,
Tasmania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights with 2 girlfriends so had upgraded apartment, 2 single beds and trundle in lounge area. Beds comfortable, nice size bathroom, quiet even though on St Kilda road, tram stop right outside so easy access to transport, reception staff friendly.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Szoka,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback of your recent stay at Seasons Heritage Melbourne.It is a pleasure to know that overall you are satisfied with our product and services, especially the warm efficient service provided by our staff.
We all look forward to welcoming you again.
Best regards,
Bendigo, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2014

I was coming to Melbourne for two nights to show a friend from Europe the Melbourne sights. We chose Seasons Heritage Melbourne because we were participating in the Neon Run at Albert Park, otherwise I might have chose something a little closer to the CBD. But I'm so glad I didn't, our experience was excellent.
I rang to say we wouldn't be arriving until 10pm on the first night, and I wanted to check that would be ok, and the friendly reception responded that "of course it's not a problem, we have 24/7 reception, come whenever you are ready!". I was already impressed.
When we arrived we were greeted by 3 very helpful reception staff who welcomed us. We checked in without a fuss and they apologised for not being able to give us two separate beds. (they did say this upon booking, but were apologising again - very nice!)
My deal included free parking for the duration of our stay, and we were told that we needed to use a car lift to get to the carpark. This was hilarious as I'd never seen one before. I have medium size car and it was a tight fit, I'm not sure how large cars fit, but I'm sure they have a contingency for that... The carpark seemed very secure, and I had no qualms leaving my car there.
When we got to our room, we were pleasantly surprised. There was a little kitchenette with a stove top, toaster, microwave, dishwasher and fridge. In the bathroom there was a spacious shower and a washing machine and dryer. I think it would be perfect for a business trip. (I will be recommending it to my work)
Our bed was very comfortable (hotel pillows are always crappy, but that's to be expected). We had a little balcony, a comfortable couch and an easy to operate TV.
Another example of the friendly service was that I lost our room key (how embarrassing) and they were so great, didn't mind and gave me another one. Also, we asked for help with buying mykis and they explained how it worked, where to buy it from, how much we would be charged etc. Very useful!
The tram stop was right out the front of the hotel, couldn't have been easier!
Check out was at 11am, which is a nice late checkout I think. Oh, and we had free wifi with our booking. All this for $140 per night over a weekend was really good value.
We had a really great stay and will both highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: We stayed in a One Bedroom Deluxe Apartment and it was perfect.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Marie-Claire T
Dear Marie-Claire T,Many thanks for taking the time to provide us with your feedback following your recent stay at Seasons Heritage Melbourne We pride ourselves on delivering exceptional customer service so I am pleased to hear of the service you experienced. It was certainly a pleasure for us to be at your service and we all look forward to welcoming you again.
Best Regards,
phillip island australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2014

Well from check in to check out this hotel did nothing but disappoint and upset me .
We were staying as a wedding party and had booked a two bedroom executive apartment with a balcony which I stipulated repeatedly. Entered out apartment and no balcony,yet we had check and confirmed earlier ,yet no balcony was given . Apartment was grubby and lmocked about and far from a executive apartment standard . Torn worn out couch ,floor in bedroom had a large burn in the carpet . Place had an unpleasant odour about it as well which surprised me . After complaining to management no apologises was offered or proper explanation. No senior management was available either for further discussions . No change of room was offer just a refund which was useless because city hotels were all full. This I found for a professionly run hotel a little less than exceptable .. Front desk was not very cooperative at all . Later that evening we became quite restless due to uncomfortable beds .Kitchen area was fine however plates were up so high that you needed a chair to stand on to retrieve them . Lounge area had sparse and poor quality furniture and a small television .No pool and a small gym Lift were cars were to be parked became stuck for 25 minutes and we were delayed in retrieving our car as nobody came from reception to fix the car lift . Found this hotel less than 3 star standard Not good value . I will not stay again .

Room Tip: One with a balcony
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple