“Very Good - because of service”

Seasons Heritage Melbourne
Ranked #122 of 161 Hotels in Melbourne
Reviewed November 17, 2013

We recently spent 11 nights staying here.
Upon arrival service was great. We asked for a few extra things to be delivered to the room and every time we had to follow this up with the exception of our last morning when we asked for tea bags and they were delivered.
They give you the option to have the room serviced or not in a Sunday which was nice. We said we would be happy for no service however would be out early Monday so maybe housekeeping could go in and get ours done and out of the way. I could tell by the attitude of the young man that that message would not get passed on. It didn't...
Housekeeping were very hit and miss; sometimes we would get all the towels replaced and then sometimes they would replace half...so we would have to ask for what wasn't replaced.
Bed was sometimes made and sometimes not (not a big deal however no continuity).
Shower was not well built. Water flowed into the bathroom everytime you had a shower.

Food from the on-site restaurants - wonderful. Breakfast was lovely and we did room service a couple of nights and food was of a very good standard.

In saying all the above, it did not deter us from a lovely stay and the bulk of the front desk team were lovely and helpful.

Location is great with all the trams going passed; very easy to get around wherever you are heading. Also with Albert Park on the other side.

We would definitely stay here again...I rated this Very Good because of the service re housekeeping and front desk (ex-hotelier here) however overall it is a lovely location, very quiet and a few 'tweaks' on the service would boost this to an Excellent from me.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
SHM_Management, Manager at Seasons Heritage Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2013

Dear steviegnz, thank you for providing your feedback on TripAdvisor, we appreciate the time taken to do so and wish to assure you that we are constantly looking at ways to improve the quality of services and facilities.I was delighted to read you enjoyed your overall stay at the hotel.I do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.
kind regards,

Reviewed November 14, 2013

Spent several days in the two room apartment and had a great stay. The check in was friendly and the staff welcoming. The room was of a high standard and being on the 13th floor we had a great view of the city. The location was good as the main tramlines into the city centre were just outside the door. All in al a good stay and we would stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Dear kiwisteveandali, Thank you for the positive feedback.is a pleasure to know that overall you are satisfied with our location, product and services, especially the warm efficient service provided by our Front Desk Staff. We do work hard at trying to create a favourable impression and so it is always gratifying to be told when we succeed.I will proudly share your comments with the team.It was certainly a pleasure for us to be at your service and we all look forward to welcoming you again.
warm regards,

Reviewed October 30, 2013

We booked 6 months in advance and called at the time of booking to ensure we would have two apartments next to each other and we were told that would not be an issue. After arriving in Melbourne, we called again to check our booking and were told that we could not be next door to each other but they would be on the same floor. Once we arrived at the hotel late afternoon we were told by someone else it was not at all possible to be even on the same floor. The customer service was very average and we felt like because we got the rooms at a special price that we should be happy with what we were given. I admit we were there on a busy weekend, but everything we asked them seem like we were asking for the world. The location was ok, the rooms whistled when it was windy and the beds were the hardest thing I've ever slept on. I will not be staying here again. I would either stay in St Kilda or move closer into the city.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Kristen H

Dear Kristen H, We thank you for your feedback although we are sorry to hear your stay did not meet your expectations. Unfortunately we cannot not guarantee 2 Apartments on the same floor even though you have booked well in advance.This is due to prior availability and bookings.We receive a lot of compliments regarding our friendly and helpful staff and I do apologise if it’s not the attitude that was witnessed during your stay.
We hope that you will choose to stay Seasons Heritage Melbourne again.
warm regards,

Reviewed October 29, 2013

I stay in a deluxe apartment at the Seasons heritage once a month for business and it is a winner on all fronts - location, rates, size of apartment (deluxe), cleanliness and fantastic service. Great for travellers of all kinds (inc families) to Melb and easy access via tram to city, botanical gardens and south yarra.

Room Tip: Deluxe apartments have a balcony and are very little more than standard alts
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank ontheroadalot2000

Dear ontheroadalot2000,Thank you for posting your review on our property, we appreciate you taking the time to do so. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed the comfort, cleanliness and space of our accommodation and found it be affordably priced. We appreciate your feedback and will proudly share your comments with the team.
best regards,

Reviewed October 18, 2013

Rocked up to the hotel, having been told we would have 2 apartments on the same floor, to find we were on very different floors. The customer service to start with was poor until we reminded them we were paying customers!
Beds were uncomfortable and when the wind blows and your on 13 floor it whistles through the whole apartment at night time!
Don't plan to go back.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Soph_tom_12

Dear Soph_ Tom_12, I am sorry you did not enjoy your stay with us. Unfortunately the hotel cannot guarantee 2 apartments on the same floor even though you booked well in advance.This is due to prior availability and bookings.Thanks again for your feedback and I hope this experience has not permanently marred your opinion of the Seasons Heritage Melbourne and I do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.
Best regards,

Reviewed October 17, 2013

Don't stay here, it is possibly the very worst place I have ever stayed.

There is not one single good thing about this place. stayed longer than I wanted because this was a prepaid booking with no refund, so we tried to make do, until we could not stand it anymore and left early and moved despite losing money. Moved up the road to the Blackman (much more spacious well designed rooms), which is AMAZING in comparison, and really reasonably priced, similar price to what we paid at seasons which is totally disgusting even if it was 1/2 the price.

After we moved to Blackman my partner said it was the first day he could wake up without feeling disgusting.
At seasons neither of us could wait to get out of there in the morning. The idea of spending the day there was a horror.

I cannot describe in words how bad seasons heritage was. so I am including pictures with this review. The staff were so unfriendly, the carpet in the halls was always dirty and sometimes peoples room service stood in the halls for more than 24 hours, the room had a tiny window that could only be opened a crack, and there was no fresh air.

In addition to the mould in the shower, the air conditioner had spots of mould on it, and when it was run the air condensed on the inside of the window and left puddles of water. completely disgusting. but during the day you also have to keep the blinds down. The office workers are looking in your window, since they have desks that face your room, and they are only a couple of meters away.

Despite complaining we were not offered a different room, I think thats because we prepaid and the staff simply didn't care.

I ended up cleaning the AC/heating unit myself, and scrubbed all the mould off so that I could actually use some heating.

The kitchen appliances were old and rusty (some got replaced after complaining, and we also just had one water glass in the room, but got extra after having to ask multiple times!!!).

But heaps of items we asked for they said "sure" and we never got them no matter how many times we asked. We had one coffee mug in the room between two people. never got a second one.
Like extra coat hangers, we asked for them many times, an extra blanket, an extra pillow, kitchen items that were missing, they kept saying sure to our face, and then we got none of it. even a vase, since my boyfriend was buying me flowers one day, and pre arranged to have a vase in the room... but it was never brought. of course when he gets back in the evening with the flowers we were told "house keeping has now gone home" so you need to wait till tomorrow. we heard this often. So we had to use our water glass for the flowers, and stand things next to it so it didn't fall under the weight till we could buy our own vase!! fine if they had said no, but totally unacceptable that we were told"no problem one will be in the room when you get back" then like everything else it was forgotten. we gave up asking for things because they never came, and the staff really couldn't care less.

I asked for potato/vegetable peeler a day ahead so I could cook something for dinner, again "sure, but can we drop it to you tomorrow housekeeping has gone home" I said no problem and explained I wanted to cook a special dinner in for my partner the next evening, so needed to make sure it would be there of know if i had to buy one. They said no problem. of course come home with shopping the next night, and there is not one... and too late for housekeeping..

when you look at the professional photos, you think they are nice red colours of the sign and around the building, no that is just old rust. this place is totally run down. see the pictures I took!!
This place is dirt and disgusting, run down and old, and the staff could not care less about anything. a number of days I came down to reception and there were other guest complaining and angry. I wish they had also come on trip advisor then I might have been forewarned not to stay.
we saw people struggling with bags while staff looked on not caring. on a few occasions people repackaging and organising all their luggage in the foyer, (maybe they were rushing to check out? who knows why they had no rooms... )

During the stay the fire alarm went off at 2:30am and we all had to evacuate. but not because there was some accident of fire, but because this old run down building had burst water pipes.

The TV channels didn't work almost every day while flicking through the channels the whole thing went black and would not come back on. The first few times we called reception to come up and fix it. they ended up having to unplug it and the router (somehow the tv runs through the router) and wait for everything to turn on. of course then we kept complaining, and they told us there was nothing wrong with it, and just unplug it. this is really in convenient if your "comfortably" in bed and have to get up nearly every night to reset the TV. of course after more complaints they just said "it shouldn't happen" and did nothing about it, we were supposed to live with it.

Like everything else the phones stopped working during the stay. not such a big deal, but just representative of the poor standard at this place.

The blanket on the bed was just an old blanket covered by a sheet, not a proper doona/ comforter, and it was stained with dark red brown stains, and was never changed by housekeeping.

I highly recommend everyone avoid this place if you do not want to completely ruin your holiday or trip.

Room Tip: for a good room, stay at a different hotel.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Ms_Vasco_Pyjama

Dear Ms_Vasco_Pyjama,Thank you for taking your time to provide your feedback and we are sorry to learn that we were unable to meet your expectations on this occasion. We have ensured that our Maintenance and Housekeeping Manager have addressed the issues raised in this particular room. It is imperative for us to understand our guests needs as it enables us an opportunity to work on improving the overall quality of our product and services provided. We hope that you may reconsider to stay with us again in the future and should you wish to make contact with me directly please do so at om.shm@sahg.com.au.
With kind regards

Reviewed October 9, 2013

The reception staff were delightful - friendly, helpful and were more than happy to assist me. The rooms were nice and the amenities were great. My only criticism was the corridor carpet needed a vacuum.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Quickbeds

Dear Caroline B,Pleased to hear you enjoyed our facilities. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to seeing you again soon.
best regards,