“Very tired rooms but good location”

Seasons Heritage Melbourne
Ranked #114 of 159 Hotels in Melbourne
Melbourne, Australia
“Very tired rooms but good location”
Reviewed October 4, 2013

Stayed here for a single night only while waiting to move into permanent accommodation.

The Good

- Great location on St Kilda Road
- Trams on your doorstep, literally!
- Restaurant staff were lovely
- Price as reasonable for a two bedroom apartment

Room for Improvement

- The room we had was spacious but the funiture was VERY old and tired. The hotel really needs to update the furniture in the room if they want to use the term "Executive"
- The beef rendang in the restaurant was very ordinary. We have lived in Asia for years and I'm afraid the rendang wasn't even close

Overall, a three star experience.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
SHM_Management, Manager at Seasons Heritage Melbourne, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Dear Kosto100, Your comment regarding the beef rendang has been brought to the attention of our Food & Beverage team to look into and please be assured that we have plans in place to address the "old and tired furniture comments" in the near future. I wish to extend my apologies for any inconvenience caused. I do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.
Best Regards,
Isabelle Caderbaccus

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Hobart, Australia
Reviewed October 2, 2013 via mobile

We travelled over on the spirit of Tasmania and requested an early check in, if I was advised to begin with that their were no rooms available that would have saved the check in clerk being rude and telling me that I would have to pay for half a days stay ontop of what I had paid.

I was then told I would get a call when my room was ready (this was at 8am) 4pm comes around without a call...

The room is decent space for the money paid but then we found marks all over the walls in the bedroom, lounge area and the bathroom. There was also hairs in the toilet when I went to use it and dust all over the skirting boards. The main curtain in the living area is broken and would not roll up. We also paid for parking upon booking the room and this morning prior to check out I find an invoice for the parking... This hotel has not made a good first impression from its staff or from its rooms.

I am really disappointed as this type of cleanliness and service is what I would expect from a motel...

• Stayed October 2013
3 Thank Jeshy_134
Dear Jeshy_134,we have clearly missed the mark on a number of occasions, and for this I sincerely apologise. The issues raised have since been addressed by me personally, and significant steps have been taken to ensure we do a better job to rectify such situations. I trust that on your return visit you will experience first hand the improvements your comments have directly led to.
kind regards,
Isabelle Caderbaccus

Travelers are raving about these Melbourne hotels

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed September 27, 2013

I honestly have mixed feelings about this hotel. It's quite lovely, clean, and modern, however we were a bit underwhelmed by the service we received. The housekeeping staff entered our room without knocking THREE times within two hours of our arrival. On one occasion, I was undressing, and it was tremendously embarrassing for me to have a strange man suddenly enter my room. I was very disappointed that none of these people even apologized when entering our room without knocking.

The room itself was small, but reasonably pleasant and exceptionally clean. The bed was VERY comfortable, and the view out towards the ocean was spectacular. The television was very small, however, which was disappointing given how much the hotel room rate was, and the heater was positioned very inconveniently close to the bed. It was essentially less than half a meter away from the bed, and the heating fan blew directly towards where I was sleeping, which might be a problem for anyone else who stays at this hotel during winter.

Overall, I probably would stay at this hotel again, if the room rate was reasonable. It is close to public transportation links into the Melbourne CBD, and if you make a reservation directly through their website, use of the Internet is free during your stay.

Room Tip: Request a room with a view of the ocean.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Lyn M
Dear Lyn M,Thank you for your feedback.Your comment in relation to the housekeeper entering your room without knocking, have been noted and communicated to the Housekeeping Manager.Please accept my sincere apologies; I can assure you that your experience is not of our usual standard.
Otherwise I was delighted to read you enjoyed your overall stay at the hotel.I do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.
Kind Regards,
Hervey Bay, Australia
Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

Clean and very spacious apartment. Furniture aren't from good quality but do the job. My biggest dissapointment was with the quality of the food in restaurant which wasn't good enough for the high price. Staff were very nice and polite. The car park elevator is dangerously tight! All and all, very good place to stay

1 Thank Armani A
SHM_Management, Manager at Seasons Heritage Melbourne, responded to this review, September 22, 2013
Dear Armani A,thank you for your review of recent stay at Seasons Heritage melbourne and I am very pleased to read that we exceeded your expection.I have taken on board your comment regarding the quality and the price of the food in the restaurant and have filtered the feedback to our Food and Beverage Department - please accept my apologies.
Thanks again for sharing your feedback with us, and we do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming back again on your next trip to Melbourne.
best regards,
Geraldton, Australia
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Room was a bit small but the staff are friendly and rooms are clean and basic. The price is good and parking is ok at $15. A number of good restaurants in the vicinity so our stay was all round ok. Probably the best choice for the St.Kilda area as not many hotels there.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear kindfoody, Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to welcome you back to the Seasons Heritage Melbourne soon!
Warm regards,
Bayside, Australia
Reviewed September 1, 2013

On a weekend when it seemed the whole of Melbourne was booked out, I managed to secure a room here at very reasonable rates at the last minute. I had no great expectations for this property, but I was pleasantly surprised.

Staff on check-in were friendly and efficient, parking was very reasonably priced at $15 per day (you can come and go as you wish). Room was small but very clean and had everything you could want. Small kitchenette did not have cooking facilities, but you could bring back a takeaway and use the crockery and cutlery, etc. Shower and water pressure were fine, however the bathroom was quite dark for putting on makeup; bed was comfy, black-out blinds worked well and I had a quiet and pleasaant night's sleep.

This hotel is close to St Kilda, Chapel Street, Albert Park and the CBD. With a tram stop right out the front, getting around could not be easier.

A couple of minor hiccups - I stayed two nights and in that time, my room key stopped functioning and had to be reimaged 3 times. Each time staff were helpful and apologetic. Also the television in the room is the tiniest I've seen in a hotel. I had trouble operating my TV and had to call reception twice and ask in person once to get someone up to fix it. Again - they were friendly and helpful, but the Television should have worked to begin with.

My major gripe - as with many hotels is having to pay for WIFI - $5 per hour or $15 per day. I connected through my iphone instead.

All in all a good stay on a busy Melbourne weekend. Not where you'd go for an occasion or romantic night, but fine when you're planning on being out and about.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank JaneJeffreys
Dear noojeenut, thanks you for taking the time to write your review.I was delighted to read you enjoyed your overall stay at the hotel especially the warm efficient service provided by our Front Desk Staff. We do work hard at trying to create a favourable impression and so it is always gratifying to be told when we succeed.I do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon
best regards,
Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

We were looking for something close to St Kilda, and this was perfect. We stayed in the Heritage Suite, which was fantastic.. The heritage suites are in the iriginal building, up a magnificent stairway and stained glass window.
Huge bathroom, lounge area, kitchenette and bedroom. Big tv in lounge and bedroom.. Bottle of wine and chocies on arrival. Room service prices very reasonable. Breakfast was very tasty, hot water was in a thermos and was almost cold. No problem, we just went back to our room for a cup of tea, and enjoyed our late midday checkout.
If I had to fault anything, it would be tHe couch was a little uncomfortable, but not really an issue. Staff were friendly, would love to come back for more than 1 night... highly recommend this hotel..perfect for the st kilda side of town.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear LyndaD99,thank you for your Fantastic review.I will proudly share it to all of our team.It was certainly a pleasure for us to be at your service and we all look forward to welcoming you again.
warm regards,