“Good location for beach and city”

Seasons Heritage Melbourne
Ranked #111 of 158 Hotels in Melbourne
Wakefield, United Kingdom
“Good location for beach and city”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2012

We stayed here for the weekend two weeks ago with friends and found the appartment to be comfortable and clean. The bed I slept in was comfortable and there was plenty of room for two !! One small complaint; only two mugs so we couldn't all have a nice reviving cuppa in the morning !! Very handy for the tram with direct routes into the city or to St Kilda. The receptionists we met were all friendly and helpful.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
SHM_Management, Manager at Seasons Heritage Melbourne, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Dear LizG10959,
Thank you for your review, it is great to read that you enjoyed the room and the staff were helpful during your stay.
Seasons Heritage Melbourne is handy to all that Melbourne has to offer, and our trams are the easiest way to see it all.
I have taken on board your comment regarding the mug and we have a plan in place to put more mugs in our rooms.
Thank you once again for taking the time to share your experience and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next Melbourne visit.
warm regards,
Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Adelaide, SA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2012

The Seasons Heritage is on St Kilda Road, about halfway down, handy for the tram and a short ride into the CBD or the other direction to St Kilda. The building is a beautiful old mansion in front of a high-rise hotel and apartment block.

My mum and I each had a 1 bedroom deluxe apartment, next to each other on level 11.

Rooms had washer, dryer and good kitchen facilities, probably overkill for what we needed for a weekend but perfect for longer term stays. Bathroom adhered to the recent trend in having very little bench space for toiletries, necessitating having bags on top of the toilet or on the floor. Shower head was one of those weird rectangular ones - had to point into the corner of the shower to avoid spraying all over the floor as there was no door or shower curtain, just a pane of glass. (Still got the floor soaked)

Bedroom was in an area that could be opened up or closed off by sliding frosted glass panels. Bed was a double which was okay as I was by myself but potentially too small for two. The lounge area was fine and there was a small balcony overlooking St Kilda Road. Noise from the street and the Belgian Beer Cafe across the road could be heard at night.

The room doors were very heavy and impossible to close quietly without vibrating the whole wall - lucky there weren't too many people coming and going through the night, although the family next to Mum's room had kids going in and out slamming the door repeatedly during the day.

I choose to not have my room made up so housekeeping wasn't an issue but there was a weird stain on one of the bedside lamps.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back or side of house may be quieter in terms of street noise.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Dear bethamphetamine,
Thank you for writing your review from your recent stay with us.I am very pleased that you had a good weekend and that you choose the Seasons Heritage Melbourne for your accommodation whilst staying in Melbourne, and hope that we will see you again when you are back again.
Your comments in regards to the bathrooms and their functionality, have certainly been noted, and will be passed on to our management team.
Warm regards,

Queensland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2012 via mobile

Stayed 10 days in one bedroom deluxe. Apartments are self contained with washer and dryer. Upon check in I found someone's old boarding pass under the TV cabinet. The sponge provided in the kitchen was used and dirty.

Bed is double and only good for one person. Sheets were too small for the bed.
Good wardrobe storage. Safe for valuables but too small for normal size laptop.

I found shower pressure to be good. Lighting for bathroom mirror could be improved.

Small bar fridge, microwave, toaster and basic crockery supplied. Dishwasher and powder provided, but need to supply own detergent if you wish to hand wash dishes.

Gym has two treadmills and some other basic equipment. Handy to public transport.

Overall above average, but slack housekeeping and small beds let the hotel down.

• Stayed November 2012
SHM_Management, Manager at Seasons Heritage Melbourne, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Dear CareerGirl,Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor.I would like to offer my sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused to you, due to the standard of houskeeping you received at the hotel. Your comments have been noted and communicated directly to the Houskeeping Manager.Please rest assured that I have addressed these points with utmost seriousness and concern. I can assure you that the service of this standard is not the norm.
I was otherwise happy to read that you enjoyed your overall stayed at the hotel and We do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

warm regards,

Hoi An
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2012

I stayed here in early November(11-13) and whilst the location is great and the hotel is generally quite clean there are some things that myself and my partner found unacceptable:

1. The bed - absolutely the worst bed I have stayed in, in a supposedly 4 star hotel - the bed is a double at best. My partner and I are used to a queen and it was just way too small - my feet were hanging over the edge. When we asked the staff to change it, they made up and excuse saying it would be too hard to move us! I ended up sleeping on the couch.

2. Shower head - when you go to a hotel you want a nice shower, yet the shower head is a funny shape(like the rectangle) and spits out a poor flow of water - you basically have to run around to get wet

3. Room Service - we ordered desert one night at about 930 and when it arrived it had half the ingredients missing. We ordered a chocolate brownie - it was supposed to come with caramel sauce, yet came with nothing and the creme brûlée was supposed to have pistachio ice cream, yet came with nothing...

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank CMintern
Dear CMintern,Thanks for posting your review on Trip advisor.I was particularly disappointed to hear about the problems you encountered in relation to the Food & Beverage. We have filtered your feedback to our Executive Chef and Food & Beverage Manager regarding the missing ingredients in your desert.My team and I strive to deliver an exceptional guest experience and please be assured this is not the high level of service we take pride in. I welcome you to contact me to allow me to investigate this incident.
I look forward to hear from you soon.

Hotel Manager

Travelers are raving about these Melbourne hotels

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2012

I have complained that the room was not clean, especially the carpet. The receptionist told me that it will be noted to the housekeeping manager and request for thorough cleaning of the floor, however I did not see any change on the other day.

In addition, the housekeeping put all my clothes (which were clean and on the bed) in a corner on the dirty floor when they tidy up my bed!!! What is the purpose of housekeeping? Cleaning your bed but making your own stuff dirty?

I could only say that the housekeeping is doing what they are instructed to do but dont know what they are doing. No improvement after complains.

• Stayed November 2012
2 Thank ClaireMelbourn
Dear ClaireMelbourne
Thank you for your recent review.
I am extremely disappointed with the service you have received.Please email me directly on isabelle.shm@sahg.com.au with your stay details so we can investigate the poor standard of service you have received during your stay.Please be assured this is not the high level of service we take pride in.
Look forward to hearing from you soon.

Toowoomba, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2012

I stayed here for a week for work & really appreciated having more than a hotel-sized area for that long. In particular being able to cook a meal, use crockery & do some laundry made life a whole lot easier when busy working. I managed a lovely stroll over to Chapel Street, Prahran & even did a walk one afternoon to Acland St, St Kilda. The trams stop just outside the door going directly into the city or out to St Kilda so the location is good; Albert Park is a 5 minute walk away too. Would stay again for work....if my partner was with me I'd look elsewhere as the bed was only a double!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Jacqui,

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience at Seasons Heritage Melbourne Hotel on TripAdvisor.I was delighted to read you enjoyed the hotel locations and the room facilities.
It was certainly a pleasure for us to be at your service and we all look forward to welcoming you again.Please give me a call directly so my team and I can best accommodate your needs for your future booking.

Regards,

Melbourne, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2012

Well we booked this hotel with a full breakfast included, the first morning when we went down there was toast, little fruit , a menu which you could choose a breakfast from, 2 eggs, then if you wanted anything eles there was a charge of $2 !!!! what is a full breakfast ? every hotel i have ever stayed in full breakfast means everything included! coffee was cold, and the eggs we ordered were cold! we never bothered going down to breakfast the second day, we had to pay again for our breakfast again !! some-were else! car park was a nitemare ! unless you like doing loads of 3 point turns! however it was free, bedroom was not all that clean, will never stay there again, in fact we left at 6am ! could not wait to get out !! staff were quite helpful

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank raffcolin
Dear raffcolin,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review and photos of Seasons Heritage Melbourne Hotel on TripAdvisor.
I was disappointed to read of your experience on recent trip. My team and I strive to deliver an exceptional guest experience and please be assured this is not the high level of service we take pride in. I welcome you to contact me to allow me to investigate and respond to the points raised.
I hope to hear from you shortly.

isabelle.shm@sahg,com.au