“Small beds. Tiny shower heads. Poor food”

Seasons Heritage Melbourne
Ranked #121 of 160 Hotels in Melbourne
Reviewed November 12, 2012

I stayed here in early November(11-13) and whilst the location is great and the hotel is generally quite clean there are some things that myself and my partner found unacceptable:

1. The bed - absolutely the worst bed I have stayed in, in a supposedly 4 star hotel - the bed is a double at best. My partner and I are used to a queen and it was just way too small - my feet were hanging over the edge. When we asked the staff to change it, they made up and excuse saying it would be too hard to move us! I ended up sleeping on the couch.

2. Shower head - when you go to a hotel you want a nice shower, yet the shower head is a funny shape(like the rectangle) and spits out a poor flow of water - you basically have to run around to get wet

3. Room Service - we ordered desert one night at about 930 and when it arrived it had half the ingredients missing. We ordered a chocolate brownie - it was supposed to come with caramel sauce, yet came with nothing and the creme brûlée was supposed to have pistachio ice cream, yet came with nothing...

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank CMintern
SHM_Management, Manager at Seasons Heritage Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2012

Dear CMintern,Thanks for posting your review on Trip advisor.I was particularly disappointed to hear about the problems you encountered in relation to the Food & Beverage. We have filtered your feedback to our Executive Chef and Food & Beverage Manager regarding the missing ingredients in your desert.My team and I strive to deliver an exceptional guest experience and please be assured this is not the high level of service we take pride in. I welcome you to contact me to allow me to investigate this incident.
I look forward to hear from you soon.

There are newer reviews for Seasons Heritage Melbourne

Reviewed November 12, 2012

I have complained that the room was not clean, especially the carpet. The receptionist told me that it will be noted to the housekeeping manager and request for thorough cleaning of the floor, however I did not see any change on the other day.

In addition, the housekeeping put all my clothes (which were clean and on the bed) in a corner on the dirty floor when they tidy up my bed!!! What is the purpose of housekeeping? Cleaning your bed but making your own stuff dirty?

I could only say that the housekeeping is doing what they are instructed to do but dont know what they are doing. No improvement after complains.

• Stayed: November 2012
2  Thank ClaireMelbourn

Dear ClaireMelbourne
Thank you for your recent review.
I am extremely disappointed with the service you have received.Please email me directly on isabelle.shm@sahg.com.au with your stay details so we can investigate the poor standard of service you have received during your stay.Please be assured this is not the high level of service we take pride in.
Look forward to hearing from you soon.

Reviewed October 31, 2012

I stayed here for a week for work & really appreciated having more than a hotel-sized area for that long. In particular being able to cook a meal, use crockery & do some laundry made life a whole lot easier when busy working. I managed a lovely stroll over to Chapel Street, Prahran & even did a walk one afternoon to Acland St, St Kilda. The trams stop just outside the door going directly into the city or out to St Kilda so the location is good; Albert Park is a 5 minute walk away too. Would stay again for work....if my partner was with me I'd look elsewhere as the bed was only a double!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Dear Jacqui,

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience at Seasons Heritage Melbourne Hotel on TripAdvisor.I was delighted to read you enjoyed the hotel locations and the room facilities.
It was certainly a pleasure for us to be at your service and we all look forward to welcoming you again.Please give me a call directly so my team and I can best accommodate your needs for your future booking.

Regards,

Reviewed October 28, 2012

Well we booked this hotel with a full breakfast included, the first morning when we went down there was toast, little fruit , a menu which you could choose a breakfast from, 2 eggs, then if you wanted anything eles there was a charge of $2 !!!! what is a full breakfast ? every hotel i have ever stayed in full breakfast means everything included! coffee was cold, and the eggs we ordered were cold! we never bothered going down to breakfast the second day, we had to pay again for our breakfast again !! some-were else! car park was a nitemare ! unless you like doing loads of 3 point turns! however it was free, bedroom was not all that clean, will never stay there again, in fact we left at 6am ! could not wait to get out !! staff were quite helpful

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank raffcolin

Dear raffcolin,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review and photos of Seasons Heritage Melbourne Hotel on TripAdvisor.
I was disappointed to read of your experience on recent trip. My team and I strive to deliver an exceptional guest experience and please be assured this is not the high level of service we take pride in. I welcome you to contact me to allow me to investigate and respond to the points raised.
I hope to hear from you shortly.

isabelle.shm@sahg,com.au

Reviewed October 25, 2012 via mobile

We stayed 1 night in a 1 bedroom apartment the rooms were fine, however between the black marks on the cream walls, the stains in the floor, and the dead moth on the windowsill you got the feeling cleaning was not high on the list.

The staff were great, both at reception and in the restaurant. The lunch was very enjoyable and was reasonably priced.

Not a bad stay just the lack of cleaning let it down.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank spiceoflifetravel

Dear Spiceoflifetravel,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your review following your recent stay.

I was delighted to read you enjoyed your overall stay at the hotel especially the warm efficient service provided by our Front Desk and restaurant Staff. But I was particularly disappointed to read about the problems you encountered in relation to the Housekeeping standard and your comments have been passed onto the Housekeeping Manager .
First of all I wish to extend my apologise for any inconvenience caused. Please rest assured that I have addressed these issues with utmost concern. I can assure you that the service of this standard is not the norm.
I would like to invite you to stay with us again so you can truly experience the boutique-ness of the hotel.

Reviewed October 17, 2012

My partner and I stayed here at the Seasons Heritage from 21 September to the 26th.
From the Tullamarine airport we took the Skybus to the Southern Cross depot ($17 per person, one way) that took around 30 minutes, which is cheaper than a taxi. After a train ride to Flinders Station from Southern Cross we took the tram to our hotel where it stops directly outside – very handy!
The hotel reception area is gorgeous and the heritage home itself is connected to its tower that houses the rooms. The staff were helpful upon arrival and throughout our stay. Our room had a small view of the beach and park, the bed was pretty hard and by day 3 our backs were killing us. The bathroom is big but could do with a shower door because the whole floor, including the toilet ends up getting pretty wet.
We only had breakfast once at the hotel (only because we were too hung over to make it out the door) and weren’t too impressed. My scrambled eggs were really watery and my partners’ poached eggs were fully hard boiled, I also think the menu is a bit overpriced for what they have to offer. I think for value and quality you are better off enjoying the culinary delights of what Melbourne restaurants and cafes have to offer.
The location of the hotel is perfect, it is directly opposite the Belgian Beer Café (great place for nibbles and drinks) and trams are directly outside and come and go every 10 minutes. I recommend you know where you are going and what tram numbers you need to get there before jumping on these – but if getting lost is your thing then jump on any and you’ll be amazed where you end up.
I was happy with the cost; we got a cosy, modern room with separate bath, kitchen, lounge and bedroom. You do need to be careful with the shower head (as mentioned in other reviews) - regardless of pressure it will end up wetting most of the bathroom floor and toilet - get extra towels because you will be cleaning this up after every shower. There was an odd smell that lingered through the hallways and after a day we assumed it came from the wall mounted trash chute located by the elevators but the nasty smell never came through to the rooms.

Room Tip: Obviously a room higher up will get better views but I would only suggest asking for more towels or...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
SHM_Management, Manager at Seasons Heritage Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2012

Dear Happy TravellerAV,

We love the comments about the staff , the Heritage building and the great view from your room, however, it is disappointing to read your comment about the quality of breakfast .This is certainly not our usual level of high service, and will be discussed with the our Executive Chef and Food & Beverage Manager .

We do hope that you will choose to stay with us again in the future.

Warm regards

Reviewed October 17, 2012

Seasons Heritage is a good choice fro inner Melbourne if you dont mind the really small rooms. The rooms are well equiped with microwave and the opportunity to cook a little but there is just nowhere to sit except the bed.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
SHM_Management, Manager at Seasons Heritage Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2012

Dear Stephen L,

I was delighted to read you enjoyed your overall stay at Seasons Heritage Melbourne.
I understand you stay in our standard room which is why there was no dinning table and chairs.
For your future booking, please give me a call directly so my team and I can best accommodate your needs.

I do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Warm regards,