“Great Location”

Seasons Heritage Melbourne
Ranked #123 of 161 Hotels in Melbourne
Reviewed October 17, 2012

My partner and I stayed here at the Seasons Heritage from 21 September to the 26th.
From the Tullamarine airport we took the Skybus to the Southern Cross depot ($17 per person, one way) that took around 30 minutes, which is cheaper than a taxi. After a train ride to Flinders Station from Southern Cross we took the tram to our hotel where it stops directly outside – very handy!
The hotel reception area is gorgeous and the heritage home itself is connected to its tower that houses the rooms. The staff were helpful upon arrival and throughout our stay. Our room had a small view of the beach and park, the bed was pretty hard and by day 3 our backs were killing us. The bathroom is big but could do with a shower door because the whole floor, including the toilet ends up getting pretty wet.
We only had breakfast once at the hotel (only because we were too hung over to make it out the door) and weren’t too impressed. My scrambled eggs were really watery and my partners’ poached eggs were fully hard boiled, I also think the menu is a bit overpriced for what they have to offer. I think for value and quality you are better off enjoying the culinary delights of what Melbourne restaurants and cafes have to offer.
The location of the hotel is perfect, it is directly opposite the Belgian Beer Café (great place for nibbles and drinks) and trams are directly outside and come and go every 10 minutes. I recommend you know where you are going and what tram numbers you need to get there before jumping on these – but if getting lost is your thing then jump on any and you’ll be amazed where you end up.
I was happy with the cost; we got a cosy, modern room with separate bath, kitchen, lounge and bedroom. You do need to be careful with the shower head (as mentioned in other reviews) - regardless of pressure it will end up wetting most of the bathroom floor and toilet - get extra towels because you will be cleaning this up after every shower. There was an odd smell that lingered through the hallways and after a day we assumed it came from the wall mounted trash chute located by the elevators but the nasty smell never came through to the rooms.

Room Tip: Obviously a room higher up will get better views but I would only suggest asking for more towels or...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
SHM_Management, Manager at Seasons Heritage Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2012

Dear Happy TravellerAV,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review and photos of Seasons Heritage Melbourne Hotel on TripAdvisor.
We love the comments about the staff , the Heritage building and the great view from your room, however, it is disappointing to read your comment about the quality of breakfast .This is certainly not our usual level of high service, and will be discussed with the our Executive Chef and Food & Beverage Manager .

We do hope that you will choose to stay with us again in the future.

Warm regards

Reviewed October 17, 2012

Seasons Heritage is a good choice fro inner Melbourne if you dont mind the really small rooms. The rooms are well equiped with microwave and the opportunity to cook a little but there is just nowhere to sit except the bed.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
SHM_Management, Manager at Seasons Heritage Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2012

Dear Stephen L,
Thank you for taking the time to provide your review following your recent stay.

I was delighted to read you enjoyed your overall stay at Seasons Heritage Melbourne.
I understand you stay in our standard room which is why there was no dinning table and chairs.
For your future booking, please give me a call directly so my team and I can best accommodate your needs.

I do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed October 1, 2012

Firstly, the front facade of this hotel is truly heritage. An old Tudor style cottage, complete with colourful frescoes. As you check in and move inwards, you are transported to a multilevel hotel, complete with floors for parking. Stayed at a 2 bedroom apartment. Great, tastefully done rooms. Fast service. Helpful staff. In fact managed a last minute extension and got a free upgrade in the process. Also, these guys helped us stow excess baggage when we headed for the mountains and organised a couple of tours. All in all, thumbs up to Seasons Heritage. Good stay. Great hospitality.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Tabhu
SHM_Management, Manager at Seasons Heritage Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2012

Dear Tabhu,

Thank you for taking the time to write this lovely review about your recent stay with us at the Seasons Heritage Melbourne.
We are all extremely pleased that you had a wonderful stay and thought that the hotel was WOW.
I will pass on your wonderful comments to the team, and look forward to seeing you back again soon.

Reviewed September 26, 2012

I stayed here in late Septemeber (23rd-25th) for three nights. The place was clean, modern, quiet and the hotel staff were very helpful. This place is in a fantastic location as you can take a tram right outside the hotel down St Klda rd to the CBD (less than 10 minutes).

Their gym facilities are fantastic and I was quite surprised at the amount of weights equipment and cardio. They have clearly put money into this room and all credit to them.

The only problem I encountered was the shower head. If you don't angle it properly, your bathroom will get 'some' excess water as the screen door only goes half way. Although the modern look looks nice, it doesn't seem very practical. However, this is only a small criticism and is the only improvement I could suggest.

Well worth the booking and believe that the hotel overall is better than some of the five star hotels in Melbourne, including the Windsor!

Room Tip: If staying for a few nights get a room with a small kitchen.

Dear Matt,

We are all extremely pleased that you think that the hotel is better than some five stars hotels.We do work hard at trying to create a favourable impression and so it is always gratifying to be told when we succeed.

We have taken on board your comments regarding the shower head, please be assured that we have plans in place to address this matter in the near future

Thanks again, and we do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming back again on your next trip to Melbourne.

kind regards,

Reviewed September 24, 2012

Great place - made me feel so much at home. Staff were so friendly, responsive and helpful. Loved my stay there and will definitely stay there again when I go to Melbourne. I have travelled heaps over the past 40 years or so and can honestly say that this is the best place I have ever stayed - and the rooms are well situated and structured etc. WONDERFUL EXPERIENCE.

Room Tip: Corner suites are large and sunny; Views over Albert Park lake to St Kilda are wonderful.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write this wonderful review from your stay with us at the Seasons Heritage Melbourne.
We are all very pleased that you had a lovely time and we made you feel at home.The staff will be extremely happy to hear of your positive feedback.
We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

This hotel had a fully equiped kitchen (including dishwasher). Located in St Kilda Road it was only a 15min tram ride into the city. The room was funished beautfully with a balcony and views. The staff were extremely helpful and available 24 hours a day. Would definately stay again

Room Tip: deluxe rooms have the balcony and you can shut off the bed from the lounge
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 10, 2012

To be fair, the staff were fantastic accommodating and helpful - no complaint there at all. Location is pretty good too, being in easy reach of the city, and walking distance to Chapel St and all that Prahran and South Yarra have to offer (which we loved). Oh, and it was clean.
That's all the good I have to offer. I have seen shoeboxes bigger than the room we were in. Seriously. I'm not prone to claustrophobia, but this room had me gasping for air! The air conditioning was horrifically noisy and had two settings - stiffling hot or arctic. Fan could not be adjusted so would only go at high (noisy) speed. The only good thing about this was that it helped to drown out the noise of the people in the neighbouring room who sounded like they were running a disco (though I'm sure to them it sounded like they only had the stereo on a moderate volume). At least they could get their audio equipment to work. Our computer monitor, sorry, "TV" simply stopped working a little after 9:30pm for no apparent reason. Thankfully we had a very early start so an early night wasn't an issue. Oh, and most of the door handles were threatening to fall off (I was worried at one point that we'd get stuck in there!). Perhaps some of the apartments are ok, but the room we had was abominable!

Room Tip: If you must stay here, whatever you do, don't get a standard room.
2  Thank ObesaCantavit