“Grazing away”

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Great place to drop by for a beverage and sharing plates of food.

If just in pairs ask to sit at the kitchen bar to watch all the prep in action-amazing to see so many chefs prepping and delivering the food.

The Spanish / Italian inspired menu won't amaze vegetarians as there is a lot of charcuterie, but it is designed mostly for grazing with a few larger meal sizes for those who want their own. Staff are well versed on the menu and wine list.

We had no reservation but would suggest you ring first, especially if you need a table. Not cheap but worth the good food and vibe.

1  Thank 111jenny
Write a ReviewReviews (1,801)

Reviewed July 28, 2013

This is a seriously great cafe as only Melbourne does. The food for breakfast was excellent. Had the homemade crumpets and whipped vanilla ricotta. So going back to do that all over again.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

Came here for Breakfast, staff great but nothing really grabs you and says eat me. Wanted one dish and didn't come with any bacon. Had to order bacon sandwich as well to get bacon. Hello. Rather go to the European

1  Thank LucyCap
Reviewed July 21, 2013

I wasn't super impressed with the atmosphere when I walked into this restaurant, but the food was outstanding. My waiter was very friendly and helpful in recommending dishes to try. All of my food was fresh and delicious. Definitely the best meal I had while visiting Melbourne. I would go there again if I were ever back in the area, and I would certainly recommend it to others.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

We showed up at this restaurant without a reservation - they took our name down and told us to come back an hour later. When we returned, they told us it would be 15-20 minutes more but we were welcome to order a bottle of wine and sit at the bar or outside to wait . We proceeded to order a bottle of wine and they allowed us to take it outside (without paying for it up front). We got a table in front of the kitchen (more like a bar) which was great for us as we were very interested in seeing how the kitchen worked. We ordered an entire shoulder of lamb and a few sides. It took 40 minutes to cook but it was outstanding. The service was fantastic throughout, especially as we were sitting at the kitchen bar. We thoroughly enjoyed the experience.