“Yes Clouds”

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Reviewed March 14, 2013

OK so you have to wait at the door because of their reservation policy – yes its a bit noisy but once settled in its well worth it.
I am forgiving my pet hate of noisy polished concrete floors because the food is amazing
Its pricy for a lunch venue but you wont feel ripped off because the quality of ingredients is high, the food imaginative well presented and the service friendly and funky
The cook book they sell is also worthwhile getting

Reviewed March 13, 2013

I went to Cumulus Inc yesterday night with a group of colleagues. I tried to book the day before, but I was told they only accept reservations for group of 7 or more. Since yesterday we got to 8, we called again. They accepted the reservation, but they told us we could only go for a set menu with no options. I asked for the reason of the set menu and was told that it helps the chef to serve everything at the same time. Really? I thought that was the chef's job. Furthermore they asked for a deposit upon reservation, a practice they I always find quite annoying.
The place is nice, but not particularly cool or fascinating. I found it a bit too noisy for a restaurant.
The food was very good from the oysters at the beginning to the excellent braised lamb at the end and the price (for Melbourne) was fair enough, but not everyone enjoyed everything, as you would expect if are not given any choice.
In the end the rating is given on the quality of the food, but it could easily get an extra star if they made things easier for the customers.

Reviewed March 13, 2013

After much deliberation on where to eat breakfast, we decided upon Cumulus as the best choice. The restaurant is quite beautiful in its decor and presentation, however, once you scratch the surface the beauty fades and the frustration sets in.

3 out of the 4 coffees we ordered came out cold whilst the 4th one didn't even come out until we complained. The menu is set and cannot be altered which i can understand but when the waiter delivered this news to us with such arrogance and attitude I think he really hammered the nails into our foreheads.

My colleague asked for some water for the table and the waiter told him "sure you can have some water, its by the bar over there, go and get it". I hate to be sooooo whiny but when the bill comes to $120 - the least you can do is get the water for us...

Finally, what's with no sauce for the table? Once again the symptom of trying to be too fancy and high class has deprived this place of the basic necessities that one required when having breakfast like HP sauce or Tomato sauce...

Sorry Cumulus, but please lose the attitude, come back down to Earth and try smiling for a change and you might actually retain some customers...

Most likely will not be coming back here in a hurry.

1  Thank Marc P
Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

Being a bit of an inexperienced diner i did not understand the menu that well and the waitress although friendly was very brisk and not that helpful with explaining the menu. As a result we ended up with 3 entrees and a salad to share. We could have ordered more later if we wanted, but were satisfied with what we had. We had the octopus, meat tasting plate, foie gras parfait and a buckwheat salad (which was filling). Everything we had was simply delicious.

Reviewed March 11, 2013

bit noisy but overall a very nice emnu and service. we 3 enjoyed our breakfast but i would not have been happy if tables all full ( as cant make bookings for under 6)...i dont Que for breakkie .