“Great comfortable Boutique Hotel”

Quest East Melbourne
Reviewed April 5, 2011

I stayed at Quest East Melbourne in March with a group of friends as we were travelling from Sydney to go Shopping and to the Footy!! What a great place to stay. The location was Great for both Bridge road and the MCG!

Entering the Building we were Welcomed with a great Big Friendly Smile from their Reception Team who was helpful in every way. When we entered the room we got the "WOW FACTOR." Very Modern, Clean and spacious for a Studio Room!

We would definately stay here again and would recommend this place to Anyway. We have stayed at other Quest's in the area and this is by far the best one we have been to!!!!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends

Reviewed March 27, 2011

Stayed here with spouse and young adult son and there was just one too many mistakes & mix-ups.
Pros:
Good position to sporting venues and easy access to both Bridge Road Richmond and the CBD
The staff were all friendly
Cons:
Room was tiny and smelt very musty. We discovered the mini fridge had been turned off and bags of semi defrosted meat had been left in the tiny freezer compartment by a previous occupant - it stunk out the whole fridge and the room.
We had paid $30 extra to get the sofa bed made-up to accommodate our son. We soon discovered they had not given us any extra towels and had to obtain them from reception, unfortunately as the room was sooo small we did not attempt to pull out the sofa bed until just before bed - after reception had closed for the night (11pm). No sheets!! We had paid extra for nothing, my son had to sleep on a bare matress with only a musty blanket. for cover.
The double bed was very tired and should be replaced - you know one of those you spend the entire night gripping the edge otherwise you both end up squished in the middle.
Another thing was the shower (or wet room). It has a glass sliding door separating it from the bedroom and as I later confirmed with Natasha the General Manager, they have a design fault where they leak onto the carpet in the bedroom. We had to use most of the towels in our attempts to mop this up and it probably contributes to the musty smell of the room.
Other little things like cupboard and wardrobe doors that cannot be opened unless you bang them into the TV screen. Lack of a cleaning cloth for the sink area (we did do the right thing and washed our dishes before leaving)..
So - an extremely forgettable and disappointing stay and in no way is it value for the money - there is far better out there and that's with us getting the room by booking via wotif.
I do need to let you know that when we mentioned all this on departure - again the staff were friendly, the receptionist advised she would let the Manager know. We did recieve a call from the Manager (Natasha), offering us a room at 50% off the published rate for all our troubles. Again too little - and no offer to refund the $30 we paid for nothing! For what equates to asking us to spend $150 to stay here again in a studio room I have already obtained a 2 bedroom 2 bathroom apartment just up the road for an extra $9 - yep $159 for much, much more..

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank alralph_adventures
Reviewed March 1, 2011

As I have stayed in a range of Melbourne hotels both for work and leisure I can draw some comparisons. This place is over priced for what you get in return!

*We were not made aware of the allocated parking when booking so struggled to park when we arrived (luckily we had to get up very early the next day so we moved the car anyway!!)

*Reception was unmanned when we got there, but once someone did arrive they were very pleasant

*The room is very small, it is fine for one person for one night (if travelling for work I would have been ok)

*The room was dusty and had a "wiped over" feeling rather than cleaned.

*The bed was VERY uncomfortable! 2 small pillows on the bed with fluffy pillows on top (which smelt foul) I managed to locate some additional pillows in a cupboard but they were also dirty. Room service did bring us some new ones when asked.

*Room service charge for any food or drink is around $6 which I feel is a tad excessive.
If you want a nice meal there is a great little Italian on the same street (walk right out of the hotel) or a thai on bridge road (left out of the hotel)

I would not say to avoid this place if you are working in the area, however if it is a special occasion and you are only here for some night then find somewhere else!!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank emd47
Reviewed November 25, 2010

I had confirmed an "allocated" parking space by email. When we arrived we were given a resident parking permit and told to find a place in the street. This was not easy and it meant that we had to haul luggage a distance.

• Stayed: November 2010
Reviewed May 5, 2010

I stayed here for one night business trip. I was greeted by a friendly staff when arrived, who quickly processed the paperwork. I found the room to be modern. It has a feature wall made from mirror, at the bedhead end, very sexy! I'll stay again with my partner.

Reviewed March 3, 2010

Where do I start, travel all year round and was introduced to the property when staying at Quest in Albury (just completed my 2nd review on the property). Quest East Melbourne, WOW...The service of the staff (Tash is a real gem) and the rooms are so hot, fantastic decor with beautiful paintings on the walls. Easy access to the city, just jump onto a tram and you are in the city within 5 minutes. So close to the MCG.
Housekeeping excellent, very clean room with some lovely touches. Will be back and will certainly recommend the property.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed February 19, 2009

Funky, clean and a lovely staff. My husband and I stay here a few times a year. It's a great location and inexpensive. Our only issue is getting a taxi, they are few and far between.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple