“Authentic”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Neighborhood: Chinatown
Reviewed July 11, 2014 via mobile

This is a very unassuming place. From the outside, one would be forgiven for passing it by, but once confronted with the generous dishes of authentic food, you will sing its joy for a long time. Very reasonable and very palatable.
I've been twice this week and thoroughly enjoyed the food. Not your average Indian/Australian experience.

There are newer reviews for Dhaka Restaurant

Reviewed June 6, 2014

Its a small place, not very impressive from outside. But once you enter, you find very simple people serving you good food - mind you the food here is a little spicy so decide accordingly. All in all, small little place in cbd mainly to help me satisfy my cravings for home made roti / chappati :)

Reviewed May 18, 2014

Despite the ordinary exterior, this restaurant was a delightful find. I love samosas and these were the best I've had in Australia. The pastry was very light and not oily, with the vegetable mix just perfectly spicy. The dahl was creamy and delicious. I was the only person there on a Saturday night just before a show at Her Majesty's and I hope other people discover this gem. I was only there because of the long queues at other restaurants but I am so pleased I couldn't in to the restaurant my friends went to because they said it was indifferent. Amazing that this place with good regional food and lovely staff was empty.

Reviewed November 6, 2013

This is the one and only Bangladeshi restaurant in Melbourne, Try their Biryani very good. Bangladeshi Biryani might look similar to Indian Biryani but they taste different after a long search finally I found some thing close to Biryani in Melbourne.

Reviewed December 23, 2012 via mobile

Been in Aus for 2 weeks now & desperate for a ruby.. Small, scruffy , but friendly staff & great food. Not as hot as UK curries