“Complaint”

Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night
Neighborhood: Chinatown
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Hi,

I ordered 6 bottles of Zenato Valpolicella Superiore Ripassa 2010 on Friday night.

The gentleman that served us quoted us the price of $45 per bottle, with a 5% discount for ordering 6.

Today Gabrielle called me and quoted the price of $60 per bottle, with a 5% discount, I mentioned that we were quoted the price of $45 with a discount of %5. To which she agreed they had a special on Friday night and would honour the price of $45 per bottle, but not the 5% discount.

When I picked the wine up, the staff agreed with me that I should receive the wine for the price I was quoted, however Gabrielle would not honour the price we were quoted, and had even rewritten the order form, which was quite clearly rewritten as it did not have my handwriting on it from when I filled out the order form. I paid $45 per bottle, and did not receive the discount.

It is disappointing that such an incident and Gabrielle's attitude can tarnish such a great venue, one which friends and I regularly visit and spend $400 on average per visit. I hope as a business you can do the right thing by your loyal customers of both the City Wine Shop and Melbourne Supper Club, by responding to this complaint promptly and rectifying this disappointing issue.

I look forward to hearing from you,

Blake Esler

3  Thank Blarkis

Reviewed October 29, 2013

Sensational cosy bar with great atmosphere and fabulous staff.

More wine to choose from than you will ever get through & amazing delicious nibbly's!!

Reviewed October 19, 2013

We turned up with a group of 7 on a Friday night and they found us a large table to sit together, served our food quickly (once we explained we were going to the theatre), and provided excellent service. The atmosphere in the room at the back was great - one long table for groups to share, and the food was superb and reasonably priced - around A$22-24 for a main. It's a wine shop so the selection of wines is huge, and the staff are helpful in assisting with a choice. Overall a great experience, and we'll be going back for a longer visit to try a few wines.

Reviewed September 19, 2013

This was my second visit to this establishment - but my experience was much the same. The staff do their best to ignore customers for as long as possible... when they do take your order, they forget basic stuff...
But the food - and the wine - when it arrives, is good.

1  Thank Gen F
Reviewed September 10, 2013

My wife and adult daughter met at the City Wine Bar for a meal and drink before going to an AFL match. We lost the match but the Wine Shop was a winner.
Lovely wine from all over the world.
Lovely unique food choices......make sure you try a desert....pick soemthing you have never had before ... prices very reasonable.
Put the City Wine Bar on your list.