4 Star Hotel? I don't think so! In desperate need of a thorough clean and refurbishment.
Good sized apartments with two bathrooms, clean bedding and good views over city (only visible with open door) Everything else was appauling. Windows and doors were splattered with sticky stuff, glass coffee table never cleaned. The bathroom floors, ceiling, toilet all dirty. Kitchen only stocked with bare necessities, so certainly not suitable to prepare a meal. Dishes were put through short 'rinse' in dishwasher and no dishwashing powder available. Stove top had never been cleaned, neither had cupboard doors, benches or light switches. Housekeeping staff were Asian, very friendly and with big smiles but obviously untrained. There understanding of a daily service seemed to be replacement of towels and didn't seem to include cleaning of bathrooms, stocking up toiletry items, wiping over dining table and coffee table or vacuuming. I complained several times and each time housekeeping staff were sent up. But the last thing you want at the end of the day , after a busy day in the city, is staff cleaning while you try to relax. This was not a cheap deal and we all were more than disappointed. Reception staff had no interest in our view at all and concierge was unavailable. Wish I would have taken photos but I really just want to forget about it now.
However, Melbourne is a great city and definitely worth a visit!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mantra on the Park is centrally located in Melbourne's CBDminutes from theatres, fashionable restaurants and the famous shopping precinct offering spectacular views from private balconies of the beautiful Carlton Gardens or city skyline. Mantra on the Park is an apartment style property consisting of self-contained one and two bedroom apartments. Foxtel is also available in all apartments. Hotel facilities include a 24 hour reception desk, concierge and porter service, evening room service, valet laundry service and tour desk, indoor heated pool, sauna and gymnasium. Mantra on the Park also offers an onsite dining venue, The Terrace Restaurant Bar and Grill which offers full buffet breakfast daily, a la carte dinner, all day room service, coffee, light meals and snacks. We also offer the convenience of a full minibar in all apartments. *Please be advised parking fees will increase to $33 from 1st January, 2018 ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Agoda, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Mantra on the Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mantra On The Park Hotel Melbourne
- Mantra On The Park Melbourne