I had booked to stay in this hotel for 3 nights. All I can say that this hotel is a disappointment. I have visited Melbourne a lot and have stayed in many hotels, and I have to say I was not too impressed. Upon arrival after a long journey on the Sky Way's Hotel Shuttle I arrived at the hotel. The man checked me in, I told him that my Boyfriend may join me tomorrow. I was given a room on the 7th floor. I was surprised to see that was given a 2 bedroom (4 single bedded) apartment. (not sure what they thought I would do with 4 single beds). The hotel told me that they were fully booked and could not put me in another room. (admittedly I did book this as part of a secret hotel deal, but my booking was not for single beds- and I have booked secret hotel deals before and never had issues like this).
The apartment looked run down. The carpet and furniture looked dated and run down. The beds were on wheels so they would move. The whole floor stunk of some weird cleaning product, my room smelt musty. The air con was so noisy that it occasionally kept me awake. There was one TV in the lounge area and it was old and tiny!
The hotel is technically near the corner of Exhibition and La Trobe Street. It is a bit of a walk to the city centre, however there is a tram stop on that corner. I would not even bother buying groceries from the IGA next door, because they are so over priced!
By day 2 I got fed up and relocated to another hotel.
Upon checking out early, I got asked why I was leaving early. All I got was a non sympathetic lucky you and that was it.
I would suggest that people try to stay at another hotel! It is definitely only worth 3 stars!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mantra on the Park is centrally located in Melbourne's CBD. This fantastic Apartment hotel is minutes from theatres, fashionable restaurants and the famous shopping precinct offering spectacular views of the beautiful Carlton Gardens or city skyline. Mantra on the Park is an apartment style property consisting of self-contained one and two bedroom apartments. All rooms are spacious and offer private balconies, spectacular city skyline or scenic garden views, air-conditioning, full kitchen and laundry facilities, and lounge and dining areas. Foxtel is also available in all apartments. Guests of Mantra on the Park can enjoy hotel facilities including a 24 hour reception desk, concierge and porter service, evening room service, valet laundry service and tour desk. Leisure facilities include an indoor heated pool, sauna and gymnasium. Mantra on the Park also offers an onsite dining venue, The Terrace Restaurant Bar and Grill which offers full buffet breakfast daily, a la carte dinner, all day room service, coffee, light meals and snacks. We also offer the convenience of a full minibar in all apartments. Mantra on the Park is an idyllic accommodation choice for travellers who wish to enjoy all Melbourne has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mantra on the Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mantra On The Park Hotel Melbourne
- Mantra On The Park Melbourne