“Good food and the price to match”

Ling Nan Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #3,058 of 4,249 Restaurants in Melbourne
Cuisines: Chinese
Neighborhood: Chinatown
Neighborhood: Chinatown
Reviewed July 19, 2012

My brother love this place. The food is pretty good. The mud crab is great but the price is also quite up there and the waiter keeps saying that's not enough food and push us to keep ordering and pushing the bill much more than we expected. Their serving is quite small so that tells you get ready to pay more for their food.

Reviewed July 17, 2012 via mobile

The deep fried chilli pork ribs were amazing, washed down with a couple of Tsing Tao's.

The $20 minimum credit card charge annoyed me (I wanted to pay for the beers in cash and the food in my work card as I was on a work trip) but their silly CC policy minimum spend for in the way. I was very rudely told no I can't pay like that. Sad, because it ruined an otherwise nice meal.

Reviewed October 14, 2011

We were in Melbourne late and walked in cold into the restaurant. The clientele was all Chinese so the food was obviously going to be good. The fried rice was probably the best I have ever tasted but to be honest the meals were good without being great. To be fair though we did not have any seafood while most other tables seemed to. There were plenty of live seafood in the tanks so I am supposing seafood was their speciality. The staff were great and we were asked by three or four different people where we were from and what we were doling in Melbourne. Overall, it was a positive experience and I would recommend it.

Reviewed August 11, 2011

My husband and I have travelled the world and in particular we have travelled throughout China, but the food at Ling Nan is by far THE BEST. We have eaten there countless times and never have we been let down. Time after time we are served perfect tasting food. The steamed oysters with Xo, ginger and spring onion and black bean are absolutely to die for! We have taken so many people here and everytime our friends love it. The special fried rice is amazing, along with the mongolian lamb. The prices are very reasonable and the service is fresh and FAST! If you want a great night of eating, this is the place.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed December 8, 2008

Great chinese dishes esp the pee pee x.o sauce. perfect place for chinese new year dinner.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook