“Seafood peka is awesome!”
Review of Dalmatino

Dalmatino
Ranked #335 of 4,582 Restaurants in Melbourne
Cuisines: Croatian
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 16, 2018 via mobile

Been meaning to try the seafood Peka dish for a while now and finally got around to it.
Dish contains whole octapus tentacles, baby calamari stuffed with silverbeet/barramundi chunks/tentacles from calamari, and plenty of kipfler potatoes sauteed and caramalised beautifuly. What a great dish!!!! The octopus was super tender.
We also had a couple of kid calamari dishes which were fantastic, baby calamari rings with chips and salad $12.
Service is genuinely friendly all the time.

Reviewed August 27, 2018 via mobile

Sadly I will not be returning to Dalmatino, it was my second dining experience here and my mother is croatian,and was visiting so thought it a nice place to take her,however the service we got from the owner was definitely not welcoming, he just looked like he didnt want to be there?...such a shame because we are proud of our heritage, and were left disappointed. The food was below average, not traditional dalmatian fare. I don't like to give negative reviews so this is my first vent but even if the food wasn't up to standard a smile and sense of humour goes a long way.

Reviewed August 17, 2018 via mobile

I ordered the squid ink pasta as have had this dish on a previous occasion. It was delicious..... but not today! I was disappointed as the fish was overcooked and the flavour just wasn't there. The pinot grigio was very much to my palatte. My partner enjoyed his Croatian beer, a first for him. A Karlovacko, followed by a claret to accompany his fish and chips. The waitress.... she was spot on... efficient and attentive.

We are local and will return to try other dishes.

Reviewed July 14, 2018 via mobile

Great food, great ambience, great venue food was excellent definitely worth a visit
Traditional Croatian cuisine

Reviewed July 13, 2018 via mobile

We have been to Dalmatino’s many times - it never disappoints. Great service. Lovely atmosphere. And perfectly prepared food. We enjoyed the beef ragu and calamari. This restaurant never disappoints. A true gem in Port Melbourne.