“Croatian Food at its Best”
Review of Dalmatino

Dalmatino
Ranked #209 of 4,420 Restaurants in Melbourne
Cuisines: Croatian
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Tasty, wonderful food, friendly staff.
Good quality, authentic food,
Great atmosphere and decor.
Easy parking outside the restaurant.

Reviewed August 31, 2012

My family and I have been to this establishment a few times, and every time we have tried something different. Not once have we been disappointed the menu caters for all. Service and atmosphere is excellent, the lighting is a little dark, but otherwise a superb dining experience.

1  Thank Collingwood2011
Reviewed August 5, 2012

My family and friends dined here in August 2012, excellent everything, food service and atmosphere, the waiter remembered what everyone ordered and their drinks, a bit expensive but you get what you pay for and I think Gordon Ramsay would give this at least a 9/10, keep up the good hospitality Dalmatino's and we will be back :-)

Reviewed June 13, 2012

I recently had an evening meal at Dalmatino on their Wednesday Croatian night. We were welcomed by very friendly and professional wait staff. The woman who attended our table was so attentive and made us feel very special. Music was played throughout the evening by a guitarist who was located near the kitchen.
Our food was hearty, rich and well presented.I ordered mussels, braised beef cheeks( you must try these) and strawberry pancakes. All were very tasty, of generous portion size and well plated. I also had a cherry cocktail which is a Croatian specialty.This went well with the food.
Throughout the evening the waiters made sure we had plenty of bread, our water was always topped up without us having to ask and our every need was anticipated. I was even helped into my coat by the waitress when I was leaving.
My only dislike for the evening was the decor. The lighting is very dim and the restaurant has many dark and wooden surfaces. Combined with a wooden floor and very little light, it managed to give the place a gloomy atmosphere. There was a long line of bottled water above our table which we felt detracted from the ambience. As well there was not a single flower arrangement or plant in the restaurant. Overall the place had a strong masculine feel. The toilet was clean but also dark with a pitted concrete floor and many toilet rolls artfully? arranged in a wicker basket. Walls had brown tiles many of which were chipped and needed replacing.
Despite the decor, I would return on another visit to Melbourne as I was impressed by the quality of the food as well as the wonderful service.

Reviewed June 9, 2012

The waiter was a bit supercilious - I don't like being made to feel stupid by wait staff. The room was very noisy, so you had to talk very loudly to be heard at the table. The food was fairly standard/good, like I'd cook at home. I wouldn't rave about it, but I can see that if you can't be bothered cooking when you get home you could get a good meal here. I just felt the whole experience was... average.