“Great "Chokolait" cafe”

Ranked #10 of 105 Dessert in Melbourne
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Takeout
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Description: One of Melbourne's most highly acclaimed chocolate salons serving genuine Belgian chocolate beverages, desserts and of course chocolates.Family owned with most products made in our own on-site kitchen with artisan care and fine attention to detail. Warm, relaxed and friendly and open virtually every day of the year and located near major department stores near the Bourke Street Mall in central Melbourne.
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Came here to catch up with a friend. Initially she wanted us to go Max Brenner's but then I suggested this since Max Brenner's is always crowded. Anyway we arrived at 4pm a Thursday afternoon and made ourselves comfortable on some of the couches, there were only a few other customers. I ordered an Ice chocolate drink and she ordered the warm mud cake as suggested by the lady working there.
They were divine!
Ice chocolate came in a milk shake

1  Thank Karen C
chokstar, Owner at Chokolait Hub, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2013

Hi Karen, Thanks for your very kind review and happy to hear you enjoyed the Mud Cake and other goodies, we hope to see you again soon, Take care, Ross/Owner/Chokolait

Reviewed June 4, 2013

Having read about Chokolait Hub on Trip Advisor, it was high on my list of "must dos" when last visiting Melbourne. And I was not disappointed, the iced chocolate and chocolate pavlova were divine. I was there about 11.45 am, which as it turned out, was great timing, only a couple of other customers, and room to spread out the newspaper for a read. Definately top of my list for a revisit next trip.

Hi Kiwi, thanks for your kind review and we are very pleased you enjoyed your morning relaxation with us. Take care, Ross/Owner/Chokolait

Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

I was here for a baby shower and the food and service was amazing! The fresh fruit and chocolate dip was amazing! I had a Jaffa dark hot chocolate and it was heavenly!! But hard to find but well worth it!

1  Thank Linznmick
chokstar, Owner at Chokolait Hub, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2013

HI and thanks, I remember the baby shower party very well and it's great that everyone had a good time, except baby of course but I'm sure he/her will be told all about it one day. Take care, Ross/Owner/Chokolait

Reviewed May 29, 2013

Wellingtonian's in Melbourne getting a taste of superb chocolate. We ordered dark chocolate, milk chocolate, and chilli chocolate drinks, and chocolate cake and chocolate fondu. The chilli chocolate drink was amazind, so was the cake and fondu. Highly recommended if you love chocolate.

1  Thank Jagdish K

HI Kiwi girl, thanks for coming to see us and it's great that your had a terrific experience with us, Take care and we hope to see you again when you are in town. Ross/Owner/Chokolait

Reviewed May 27, 2013

This place is what it says on the tin.

I would say, for the price, the Ice Cream Treat I had was average. Better than your typical gastro pub dessert but nowhere near michelin star standard. But then its probably not trying to be. But on English pounds is definitely priced towards the latter.

My daughter had the hot chocolate and she was pretty underwhelmed but then again she is quite young. I'm no expert on hot chocolate but I expected something a bit more special for nearly £7.

Whilst its no criticism the location is slightly odd, tucked away in the semi basement of a shopping mall. We had to sit in the passageway at the top of the stairs as what appeared to be a tour party of about 50 people had just arrived who seemed to be having the full CH experience complete with take away.

chokstar, Owner at Chokolait Hub, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2013

HI London girl, can't say anything really good or bad about your review so let's leave it at that.
Take care, Ross/Owner/Chokolait