“Best restaurant we have been to in Aus”
Review of Maha

Maha
Ranked #15 of 4,328 Restaurants in Melbourne
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Reviewed March 23, 2013

We wanted a special restaurant to visit for our night away in Melbourne. Having been to many top restaurants we feel this was the best we have been to for atmosphere, service and flavour. The meals were adapted for me as I'm pregnant without even asking. The waiters were so knowledgable about the food and it was filling.
Overall we were so impressed with this restaurant and would recommend it to anyone for a special night out.

MAdE_Est, Owner at Maha, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2013

Thanks for the review.

We are thrilled that you enjoyed your dining experience at Maha!

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,375)

Reviewed March 20, 2013 via mobile

What a sensational meal. Service, food and ambience 10 out of 10. I live in Sydney and will pay the flight to bring my wife here.
Well done.

MAdE_Est, Owner at Maha, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2013

Thanks for the review.

We are thrilled that you enjoyed your dining experience at Maha!

We look forward to welcoming you and your wife back again soon.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

After reading previous reviews I was alittle hesitant about going. Staff greeted my party at the door, table service and staff were great. Food was delicious, slow cooked lamb shoulder was the dish of the day along with the Turkish delight doughnuts. $65 pp for a banquet, so much food for two people, it was relaxing and an enjoyable 2 hour feast. Fresh produce and worth the money.

MAdE_Est, Owner at Maha, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Thanks for your review.

We are thrilled that you enjoyed your dining experience at at Maha, particularly the lamb shoulder and doughnuts.

Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

There are three shared menu options at Maha and we went for the cheapest with matched wines. Stunning food and service. I cannot wait to go back and try the other two variations. Having recently turned pescatarian I was pleased that not only was I asked about dietary requirements at the time of booking but I certainly didn't feel like I was missing out as the food arrived

MAdE_Est, Owner at Maha, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Thanks for your review.

We are thrilled that you enjoyed your dining experience at at Maha.

Reviewed March 9, 2013

A group of us dined here before going to an evening performance of Cirque du Soleil. We opted for the banquet at $65 per head. The decor is quite heavy and as a result the restaurant quite dark which I personally don't like. There were abundant wait staff but this didn't equate to great service. All staff were friendly and polite but there was confusion generated by the fact that multiple staff served you as communication between them all seemed to be lacking. At one stage I found it difficult to catch the eye of the staff when I wanted a refill of water. I waited over 20 mins for this to happen and it was a warm 36 degree day in Melbourne so I would have appreciated it if the cold water had been kept topped up all the time. In fairness to the staff the glasses are dark so it's not obvious they are empty, however staff should be aware of this and make sure they check the levels. The food itself was ok, the standout for me was the slow cooked lamb, absolutely delicious! The pumpkin and almond dip was also very tasty. Everyone raved about the turkish delight filled donuts but I don't like donuts so didn't try them. Be aware though that all serves are very small and we all left feeling hungry, not really what you expect when dining out. When we arrived at cirque du soleil we all ended up buying something else to eat! All in all there was nothing wrong with the food but I have to say that what I tasted and given the size of the serves it wasn't good enough to make me want to return.

MAdE_Est, Owner at Maha, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2013

Thank you for your feedback.

We enjoy reading both positive and negative reviews as we feel feedback is the best way to continuously improve our offering.

We apologise that you did not enjoy your experience and regret that this was the case as we hold ourselves to high standards in this regard.

I have sent you a DM with the venue manager's contact details, should you wish to discuss your concerns further.