“D.e.l.i.c.i.o.u.s!”

Good for: Business meetings, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Reviewed March 5, 2013

Both times I have been to Maha we have done the Soufra lunch. Which is a 3 course meal that the chef has prepared for you. Amazing. What an experience! All the food was delicious, so much variety and the desserts were d.e.l.i.c.i.o.u.s!
the maitre d was exceptional and tried her best to accommodate all dietary requirements (even tho one was mentioned in the last minute).

I have only two complaints 1. It is very hard to just "walk in" and get a seat. Need to make reservations. 2. On our first visit we actually were given a glass with lipstick on it. So maybe a little more care in the washing & placing of cutlery/dishes.

MAdE_Est, Owner at Maha, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2013

Thank you for your review.

We are thrilled that you enjoyed your dining experience at Maha, and particularly that you loved the soufra lunch and desserts.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,374)

Reviewed March 4, 2013

Maha is one of the best restaurants that I have eaten at for years, There were 6 hungry mouths with exacting needs, but each one of us were wined and dined beautifully.
The food was simply stunning -both the presentation and flavours were delightful.
All the staff were very gracious but we were treated especially kindly by Stephen K from Liverpool. He made sure that our visit to the Sheesha room was as relaxed and comfortable as possible. Will definitely be back the next time I am in Melbourne. Thank you Maha for a wonderful and memorable evening

MAdE_Est, Owner at Maha, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2013

Thank you for your review.

We are thrilled that you enjoyed your dining experience at Maha, and particularly that you loved the service provided by Stephen.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

I dined here 2 months ago with my husband and a friend visiting from overseas.
I had been dying to eat here for ages, so was pleased when the opportunity arose.
The restaurant itself was very pleasant. We had a lovely Scottish waiter, so being Scottish myself, we were well looked after and enjoyed the banter. As is usually the case with these 'celebrity chef' restaurants, there was no sign of the 'celebrity chef', Shane Delia.
The drinks menu was quite extensive and we were all very happy with our cocktails/beer.
We opted for the 4 course 'soufra', which is basically 4 plates of food to share at your table. The portions were pretty meagre but the food was fresh and tasted fine, but I felt that it certainly didn't live up to the hype, or the price!! Before booking our table I had checked the menu online and had mistakenly been looking at the lunch menu, which quoted $45pp for the 4 course soufra, but the dinner soufra was $75pp, so I got a bit of a shock! The bill for the 3 of us was over $300(including 2 beers and 4 cocktails), and the men were still hungry!
I will happily report that I did feel the Turkish delight donuts lived up to the hype, though my male companions disagreed, which was good as I got to finish them off!
I might be tempted to give it another try, but would have to be for lunch!!

MAdE_Est, Owner at Maha, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2013

Thanks for your feedback.

We apologise that you did not enjoy your experience and are disappointed that this was the case as we hold ourselves to high standards in this regard.

I have sent you a message with the manager's name and contact details, should you wish to discuss your concerns further.

Reviewed February 14, 2013

I had previously had lunch here a few years ago whilst holidaying in Melbourne, and thoroughly enjoyed the experience, so was keen to come back. It was humbling to learn that, in this time head chef and owner Shane Delia had travelled back to the homeland and brought back some new recipes and ideas to enhance the dining experience. Subsequently we had an unique and extravagant dinner after choosing the "Latifa" 6 course menu. It was great to experience all the blending of unusual ingredients into harmonious, tasty and delectable dishes. We particularly enjoyed having our own serving plates rather than having to share a middle plate. The 12 hour lamb just melted in the mouth with subtle, juicy, spicy flavours. We were feeling adventurous so enjoyed the matching wines - the Italian Sangiovese was a highlight for me! We also opted for the dessert share plate, I wasn't going to miss out on those infamous turkish delight filled doughnuts!
Special mention goes to the pre-dinner "Nenus Diamond" cocktails they were truly fantastic, and you have to check out their novel toothpick dispenser! Service (by both Stephens) was friendly and impeccable - great care was also taken to announce and explain the components of each course.
The ambience of this restaurant is subtle, lighting and music is quite subdued, and rather reminded one of a chic and mysterious kasbah. A beautiful and memorable night, thank you Maha!

Reviewed February 4, 2013

Food is average, overpriced. Staff is pushing their pre-selected packages, portions are very small even smaller than described and it could be one of the reason they want you to buy from banquet menu. Service is chaotic - we waited 20 min for our drinks to arrive.

1  Thank Lina G
MAdE_Est, Owner at Maha, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2013

Thank you for your feedback. We enjoy reading both positive and negative reviews as we feel feedback is the best way to continuously improve our offering.

We apologise that you did not enjoy their your dining experience and regret that this was the case as we hold ourselves to high standards in this regard.

I have sent you a message with the venue manager’s contact details and encourage you to get in touch.