“"don't bother"”

Ranked #499 of 4,330 Restaurants in Melbourne
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Australian
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Steakhouse 66 is all about fresh flavours & sensational views. The modern Australian menu features a fantastic range of a la carte dishes. Setting off the casual atmosphere, the Steakhouse 66 dips & flat bread are an ideal way to kick off an evening with friends. As the name suggests, steaks are a highlight of our grills menu. From M.S.A. Rib eye fillet to porterhouse, Australian Angus tenderloin to Wagyu rump, you'll be spoilt for choice. Steakhouse 66 also has plenty of seafood and vegetarian meals for those who prefer. Floor to ceiling windows show off the waterfront location so every table has a view of Melbourne's unique waterways.
Reviewed March 13, 2013

We visited this restaurant after seeing Cirque du Soliel which by the way was fantastic!! Cannot say the same about our meal. I ordered gnocchi for main and to be given 10 gnocchi's for the price of $25 for a 'main' not entree that's pretty poor. My husband and friend ordered the pasta marinara. We asked the waitress what the marinara consisted of. She said mussels in the shell, prawns & calamari. No mussels & they were served shrimps instead of prawns. We called the manager over she said she would speak to the chef re the prawns. She returned and said they are shrimps. Now, there is a difference between shrimps and prawns, we all know that so trying to fool me wasn't working. We were very unhappy paying for this expensive dish when they didn't deliver what was on the menu. Very deceiving!!!! There was no apology no explanation and on top it took 45 mins for our dishes to come out. We'll cross that out of our list.

2  Thank gcsv

Reviewed February 7, 2013 via mobile

Expensive, not good value and poor quality food.
I'm glad they didn't give us more than a teaspoon of dip...I would never have been able to scoop it up with the measly piece of bread we got!
Calamari and prawns came with two stodgy prawn tails in amongst globules of calamari.
Lucky we chose not to order mains

1  Thank HughOz
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Poor service! The waitress forgot our fries, when we finally got it, they charged an extra. When we were on half way home, we realised they ripped us off by $44. They added extra meals to our bills although we didn't get them. We ordered hot chocolate with marsmallows, it came without the marsmallow. When I questioned it, the waitress said they run out, however he would check with kitchen. I wondered why he didn't check the kitchen before he brought out the drink. We definitely won't be back again.

2  Thank FoodGal1976
Reviewed January 25, 2013 via mobile

Great location, food very good even the kids meal fish and chips.

Very relaxing, we had our meal outside which was ideal for a summers night.

1  Thank GriffinFamily4
Reviewed January 12, 2013

Unlike some of the reviews for Steakhouse 66 in which it was suggested that service was lacking, in our case it was to the contrary; excellent in fact. A lovely (Irish - don't kill me if she is Scottish as I get the two confused) lass was brilliant with 2 others also extremely attentive.

I do believe the suggestion by another reviewer that the $36 special is a bit of a rort, and in fact it is little more than a ploy to try and drag customers through the door. If I was the manager, I would do away with this combo and simply sell the place on its merits.

I had a brilliant new dish (entree) consisting of a large piece of watermelon topped with super soft fetta cheese and pesto, and surrounded bu some small dates or the like and greens. Strange but true. And it was terrific. I went for a T bone steak for the simple fact I hadn't had one for several months, and aside from a reasonable amount of fat, it, along with the red wine jus, was spectacular.

Unlike other suggestions, there was a large portion of beautifully mashed potato, my wife's meal was also great, and the price was acceptable. A tad on the high side, but who cares, the meal was great.

2  Thank cuspub