“Authentic Mediterranean experience in Melbourne!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of La Citta

La Citta
Ranked #400 of 4,053 Restaurants in Melbourne
Cuisines: European, Italian, Spanish, Australian
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Brunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Adelaide, Australia
“Authentic Mediterranean experience in Melbourne!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2011

You could easily walk past this smallish restaurant in Desgraves Street, actually a laneway running between Flinders Street and Flinders Lane just on the north (or is it west) side of Swanston Street - but don't. A little Italian, a little Greek and a little Spanish, all inside the one door.

I first experienced La Citta in March in a conference group. Despite being a Monday evening the staff accommodated the group effortlessly. The service and the wine list incorporating excellent choices from Italy and Spain as well as New Z and Oz complimented great food. It served to whet my enthusiasm for a pending trip to Italy which only went to satisfy me as to what an enjoyable experience La Citta was.

Well I was able to visit La Citta again during the Spring Racing Carnival and on a Monday night. My partner was suitably impressed with her lamb cutlet whilst my pappardelle special with ragu suitably illustrated its "home made" claims. Topped off with glasses of Spanish rose and temperanillo and Italian sangiovese and great coffee, we had a most enjoyable evening.

We'll be back again!!!

• Visited October 2011
2 Thank SuzandGee

Perth
“Excellent service, delicious coffee.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2011

Dropped in while killing time before our flight out of Melbourne.

Normally get a brusque response when I only order a coffee or nothing substantial but our waitress was polite and friendly despite our small order. We'd only just finished breakfast and as much as the lunch menu looked inviting, I couldn't stomach much.

Was glad they had space for us to store our luggage, while we rested.

Had two coffees and a lamb chop with hummus. Both were delicious.

I wish we could have stayed longer for their lunch menu. Will head directly to this cafe when I'm next in Melbourne, rather than the cramped cafes further down the street.

• Visited October 2011
2 Thank g13nl0
Melbourne, Australia
“would recommend this one”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2011

My husband and I enjoyed a delicious meal here. Service was friendly and the atmosphere was perfect. We noted it as a favorite to return to.

• Visited July 2011
2 Thank Triecia
“Very nice a little pricey”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2011

Went here for lunch food was very nice both had house made pasta service was very good.

3 Thank SmallParakeet
Adelaide
“Great atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2011

La Citta is a lovely restaurant with excellent food and friendly service.. ..will certainly be dining here again when I next visit Melbourne

• Visited July 2011