“Great birthday dinner”

Ranked #62 of 4,179 Restaurants in Melbourne
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Southbank
Description: The Meat & Wine Co, Melbourne is located at Freshwater Place, Queensbridge Square! With views of the Yarra River and the city skyline, The Meat & Wine Co Melbourne is setting new standards in restaurant design, food and service excellence.The cutting edge design and decor of this stunning new restaurant and bar will take your breath away. Together the rich textures, jewel-like colours and eclectic lighting combine to create a restaurant masterpiece that has become the new place to be seen on the bustling Southbank.
Reviewed August 16, 2014

Liked: Seated upstairs with a great view of Melbourne and the river right outside the floor to ceiling window. Very attentive staff who came right away with menus and advice on which wine. Very good menu with a wide range of options from $25-$75 a meal (depending on what you get). Even included a few vegetarian options. Was my birthday and they even included a piped message made from icing onto my dessert plate.

Disliked: Could have had better lighting.

Reviewed August 16, 2014 via mobile

Do try the bruschetta entreè. It is a large serving and full of healthy goodness.
We had the ribs and rib eye duo and we shared the red wine sangria.

I have not had such a great steak in a long time. The prices are a bit on the high side but the quality is there. The decor is interesting and well thought out.

I would go again!

Reviewed August 15, 2014

My husband had been given a gift certificate from our children to dine here. We were stunned when we booked to be told that we would only have the table for a set length of time. Who has ever heard of that?? No wonder the service is quick - except when the waiter disappears with your credit card and takes about 20 minutes to come back with it. The food was no better than we've had in any other similarly priced restaurant. The meat was tender and tasty and portion sizes were pretty much what you would expect. My other gripe was when I ordered a glass of wine it was about one third full. At $12 for a glass of very average wine I would expect at least double that quantity.
I would not go to this restaurant for anything other than a pre-theatre dinner. At least you would be unlikely to be late for the start of the show!

Reviewed August 15, 2014

The food and service at M&Wco is always great. Their burgers are completely amazing and the service was fast, friendly and smiling! We also shared a desert platter this time, I can safely say it's on my list of things to eat again in the near future!

Reviewed July 29, 2014

Busy, busy with a great vibe. I had fillet steak which was arguably the best I have ever had. This is not an inexpensive place to eat but I will return because of the service, quality and general positive atmosphere.