“As the name suggests - meat and wine!”
Review of The Meat & Wine Co

The Meat & Wine Co
Ranked #68 of 4,321 Restaurants in Melbourne
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Southbank
Description: The Meat & Wine Co, Melbourne is located at Freshwater Place, Queensbridge Square! With views of the Yarra River and the city skyline, The Meat & Wine Co Melbourne is setting new standards in restaurant design, food and service excellence.The cutting edge design and decor of this stunning new restaurant and bar will take your breath away. Together the rich textures, jewel-like colours and eclectic lighting combine to create a restaurant masterpiece that has become the new place to be seen on the bustling Southbank.
Reviewed October 20, 2013

I'm more of a fan of interesting, different kinds of food, but if you just want good meat and wine, the Meat and Wine Company is an appropriate choice.

The four of us chose from the lunch menu - a meat dish plus glass of house wine for $25. To that we added a bruschetta, and two salads to share. With coffee, the total per person was $35. Good value.

One person ate fish and chips, another parmigana, the third a steak, and I had lamb wrap. All were nicely cooked and generous in size. But I do like to have something more 'gourmet' than meat with chips.

We probably will not be back, but we had no issue with the quality of the food, or the service.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,151)

Reviewed October 17, 2013

Having been to the Meat & Wine Co on several occasions over the past few years, this was our first visit since it was refurbished.

When we first sat down we could tell there were now more seats/tables than on previous occasions, but not so crowded that you felt like you were talking to everyone sitting nearby. The staff were pleasant, the views still lovely, but the atmosphere and lighting was much more "romantic" than on previous occasions... which was great for our table for two. ;)

As usual, we shared the rib platter which was great, although less on the plate for a little more money than on previous occasions... perhaps the cost of refurbishing the establishment. We also have some lovely South African wine and somehow fit in the dessert tasting platter (The Grand Finale).

Although a more expensive night compared to other restaurants of similar calibre, it was still a lovely date night out without the children. :)

Reviewed October 8, 2013

A great feed of meat - festival of flesh and ribs and sauce.
Not great if you dont plan to make a mess.

Reviewed September 28, 2013

This place is not cheap but that's the cost of the brand.

The service is average but my steak was great. I will come back again.

Parking is difficult to find nearby and during the day is very expensive.

Reviewed September 26, 2013

This is a good reliable eating house. It's big and it has a happy busy atmosphere. I ate here with a friend which was fine and it would be equally suitable for groups. Although it was bustling, the acoustics are fine for talking. The menu offers a good selection of both steaks and other grills, there was a soup on the specials and there are several salads too. My companion and I both enjoyed the delicious Sichuan Calamari entree (this is crumbed and fried, although the menu doesn't say so). My companion had a good steak, with side of chips and creamed spinach. I had the catch of the day which was beautiful fillets of swordfish (on a bed of cous cous) and a side salad. Everything was well presented and nicely cooked. Timing of the courses was steady and service was good. When I first arrived I had a concern that I'd not made a good choice, but I was happy with our experience. Reasonable value too. I did find the wine list pricey but a little limited. Thank you - it was good.