“An ice-cream lover's delight”
Review of Piccolina

Piccolina
Ranked #62 of 204 Quick Bites in Melbourne
Reviewed January 9, 2017

Exquisite ice-cream, sorbet and granitas that are all about intense,rich, complex and genuine flavours from all natural ingredients. Delightful friendly service and an unpretentious ambience that is a nice change from some other gelateria.

The raspberry was fresh, bright and refreshing. The chocolate was, well...perfect. Rich, powerful, complex, creamy and balanced. The pistachio was mind-blowing, like eating pistachios with the texture of ice-cream. The lemon granita was intense, vibrant and thoroughly delightful at the end of a long hot day and night.

We will certainly return to experiment with all the other tempting flavours.

Reviewed January 7, 2017

The passion in producing the delicious range of flavours (all natural, made on the premises) is obvious and the results are magnificent! Delightful staff too. We have been several times but, last night in Melbourne was hot and the sublime raspberry sorbet was a delectable antidote to the sticky heat. Love their fresh sorbets but the gelati flavours (from the simple to the interesting) are also divine. Wonderful!

1  Thank Hatfia
Reviewed January 5, 2017 via mobile

I visited Piccolina with my family and we all agreed this was the best gelato we have had since our trip to Rome. The vanilla is to die for and the pistachio is fantastic! What was really great as well was the helpful warm service. What a find.

1  Thank samanthad142
Reviewed January 2, 2017

Really like this place for a late night treat - prepare to queue up - the downside is that the staff are slow. Quality product and interesting flavours! Love the Honeycomb!

1  Thank Janice G
Reviewed November 5, 2016 via mobile

First the caveat - we have been BIG fans of "Cones" up Glenferrie Road from the new entrant for about 8 years. We've taken Italian friends to Cones and they agree that it is excellent. However, fresh from two months holidaying in Italy again, we had to try the new kids on the block. And we found the gelato to be very good. I had Salted Caramel which was tasty and mostly creamy apart from some mysterious smooth ice droplets every now and then. The peanut butter flavor was also very good. "Better Than Nut-ella" was a little disappointing to me, but I think my expectations were too high after the Nutella experiences in Italy. My son said his Honeycomb and White Chocolate flavours were "as good as Cones" but he didn't finish all of his Chocolate Brownie, claiming it was too rich for him. I gladly finished it off and I think it was the flavor I enjoyed most of all. Great to see all flavours were gluten free and they offer gluten free cones for $1 extra (max 2 flavours). One of the guys serving spoke Italian. All in all, a very good experience. We walked past Cones after and they were as busy as ever. I'll be heading back to Cones next time, but mainly out of loyalty and nostalgia. Piccolina Gelateria is very good also.

Date of visit: November 2016