“Good food, well priced”

Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed June 29, 2014

I have been to Smolt several times and have always been super pleased with the meal, service and atmosphere. My partner and I both had the market fish which was pink ling and stripey trumpeter, plus we chose a side dish of beans. They were small serves of fish but certainly enough with the two pieces and the dish was very flavoursome. A slice of bread each was served before the meal. There wasn't a long wait for the food. My only complaint was that one of the waitresses kept fluffing at her hair with her hands, all evening. She then used the tongs to handle the bread but arranged the bread on the wooden tray with her hands. It was a bit of a turn off and maybe the staff should be spoken to about their handling habits. Apart from that I would definitely recommend Smolt.

Reviewed June 26, 2014

Had dinner at Smolt, made a booking ahead and had a great table in the middle section. We are both vegetarians, which often makes it tricky to be catered for. We ordered the arancini balls, vego made-in-house pasta, and a pizza. All were obviously made using fresh ingredients and were delicious. Thanks Smolt! Keep up the vegetarian dishes please.

1  Thank life_journey2017
Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

Didn't have a booking but were given a seat in the window. We shared an entree platter with sublime chicken parfait. Followed up with gnocchi with pork cheek etc. The gnocchi were wonderfully light with a nice crispness from the pan. Had a well priced bottle of rose. Great service. Nice vibe. Recommended.

1  Thank plattwaikiki
Reviewed June 17, 2014

A group of six of us travelled to Hobart for the weekend and had pre booked Smolt after reading many good reviews. The restaurant was very busy on the Friday night we were there but the service was still really good. Meals that came out were very good but not fantastic, not what I would call memorable. Maybe our expectations were a bit high due to the reviews we had read. Still a very nice place that puts up a very decent meal. Definitely give it a try.

Reviewed June 17, 2014

we were only in Tassie for 3 nights we saved the last night to dine at this establishment. I ordered the octopus for starters and the pan fried gnocchi with pork for a main. The octopus was very fishy to the point I asked was the sauce a anchovy base...not impressed lacked luster and needed flavor other than fish. The second gnocchi dish was such a let down the stodge that come out left me unimpressed it had acid over all taste and a disjointed approach to the dish. Too many things going on. The pork was the stand out of this dish and was completely delicious. The staff were wonderful and very understanding when I left the majority of the dish on my plate. The person that accompanied me ate most of the meal reluctantly and had to take antacid tablets when we arrived home. Not a pleasant experience.

1  Thank knotted