“Great spot for breakfast, lunch and dinner...”
Review of Smolt - CLOSED

Smolt
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed January 8, 2014

Excellent food and friendly, helpful waitstaff here. My friends and I enjoyed dinner at this place so much that we returned for breakfast and, again, for lunch. We were really pleased each time - the food is delicious and caters to a wide range of tastes. Good coffee, too.

Reviewed January 8, 2014

One of my favourites in Hobart. Great atmosphere being right in Salamanca square and equally good for lunch, dinner or for a mid afternoon coffee or wine with nibbles.
Consistently good, fresh food and a creative menu which does change. The wine list is interesting and you can get wines which are unavailable in other places. Friendly and welcoming staff add to the experience.

Reviewed January 8, 2014

I am a local and not having gone to smolt for over a year I had expectations of better service. I was wrong. I entered smolt, took my seat, waited and waited for someone to ask if I wanted to see the drinks menu while I waited for my company. Close to 10 minutes before I called for service. Food came, company fine, service appalling.Disappointed since management changed.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

We had dinner here and had to take the 'early' booking and had to be gone by 7.45pm so a bit of pressure even though we didn't see queues of prospective customers waiting when we left!
Waitress was lovely and very helpful explaining the menu. Meals were lovely but a bit expensive.

Reviewed January 6, 2014

Wonderful atmosphere coupled with great food. Quick and friendly service - it can be a bit noisy but that just adds to the buzz of the place. Can recommend the fish and with it being freshly landed a couple of hundred metres away what could be better! Of the places to eat in Hobart this is one of the best