“Best gnocchi!”

Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Business meetings, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed May 1, 2013 via mobile

We went here for dinner and we were so impressed with the food that we returned the next morning for breakfast! Dinner was really good - hands down the tastiest gnocchi I've ever had. Breakfast was fine but nothing special. Next time I'm in Hobart I'll be back to Smolt...for dinner.

Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

After feeling like a refugee walking from another restaurant that didn't let us book with them, Smolt, although fully booked, welcomed us into their restaurant for an early dinner.

Great oysters done 3 ways. Mussels to 'die for'. Perfectly cooked pasta with the freshest seafood.

Don't bother eating in a garage when you can go to Smolt who understand the meaning of 'service'. Thank you Smolt!

Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

Breakfast - seated with menus but took an age to have our order taken. Very pleasant and helpful waitress. Sardines with black pudding was overawed by a powerful relish. There are better cafes in Salamanca Place than this.

1  Thank Fareeater
Reviewed April 25, 2013

I had one breakfast dish here - the one with anchovies (I wish I had the menu so I could be more specific). It was superbly presented and tasted fantastic. Mine was a recommendation from the waitress, from what I could see on other tables it appeared to be one of the standout breakfast dishes.

Can't really say much about lunch, dinner, or even the other breakfast dishes. Coffee.. hmm.. can't recall, which probably means neither great nor bad.

Reviewed April 24, 2013

We had dinner at Smolt on a Friday night to celebrate a birthday.
Nothing negative about the food at all, we really enjoyed our starter and mains.

But we were less impressed with the service. The staff was friendly but it seemed that they tried to get us out as quickly as possible. I understand that they have to make money and would like to use the table again but we were not expecting to finish our meals within 45 min. especially because it's not a really cheap restaurant. It was also a bit noisy for my liking and lacked a bit of atmosphere but that's probably personal.

It might be a good choice if you are with a group but not so much a restaurant for a romantic dinner.