“Dissapointing...avoid!”

$103.88*
Bruny Island Day Trip from Hobart
$353.52*
and up
3-Day West Coast Tasmania Tour from Hobart Including Cradle Mountain, Montezuma...
More attraction details
Owner description: Jump Tours operates award winning small group tours in Tasmania & the Northern Territory. Every tour is guaranteed to depart - if you book with us, you're going! Jump has won multiple awards including three Best Tour in Tasmania awards and the 2013 Telstra Australian Business Award for Micro Business of the Year (Tasmania). Our guides are young, passionate Australians with a passion for the natural beauty and history of our country. We are proud to be the only independent youth tour operator in Tasmania.
Mexico City
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Dissapointing...avoid!”
Reviewed January 16, 2013

I didn't know where to start my trip in Tasmania so I decided to take a tour instead of driving, and this one seemed cheaper than most tours, but I deeply regret it! I did the 3 day tour but It felt like I wasted 3 days of my trip in Tassie.
The driver was late, we were supposed to be picked up at 9:10 am which is already late, and we finally go out of the city nearly at 10:30 am. We spent most of the time in the bus and just stopped quickly at very few locations, some of them not very interesting like and hydroelectric, while the rest of the time we all were staring at the window.

We spent very little time in nice places, which were very few most of our journey was on the highway.

Andrew, the driver, never gave extra information unless specifically asked, and he was actually injured, he could hardly walk by the end of the first day which meant he let us walk by ourselves on the second day...the company did not have anybody to back up Andrew, thank god he could drive!

They probably own the place we stayed at, not only lacked maintenance but also we had to share 2 showers between 20 people and one small kitchen, you can imagine the queues in the morning and in the evening...We could have stayed in Strahan the second day, there is a youth hostel there, but because we had to go back to Tullah for the second night we only had 45 minutes in the town Strahan before spending almost 2 hours on our way back!

In Cradle mountain we did not even went to the Tasmanian devil sanctuary which is 2 km away, rather they take you to the zoo, which is of course, extra cost.

Overall it was disorganized, unprofessional and an absolute rip-off, I would not recommend this tour to anyone. If you really want to see Tasmania, rent a car a go on your own.

I did not care for the driver's attitude either, he seemed not to care about anything, It seemed like he did not want to be there, and on top of that, he also expected us to clean up the place! after paying over 120 dollars per day they can't hire a cleaner?

The last night he went to the pub and was hung over the next day...just saying...not professional at all. Just because you're young doesn't mean you don't deserve a good quality service. I'm going to file a formal complaint to warn everyone I can about this fraud.

Visited January 2013
7 Thank gabimorluq
Greg P, Owner at Jump Tours, responded to this review, January 19, 2013
Hi Gaby

I've devoted years of my life to building Jump Tours into an award winning tour company and am very proud of what has been achieved. Considering all the hard work I've put in it is particularly heart breaking to read your review. We are committed to offering the best tours, at the best prices, for backpackers and budget travellers in Australia.

It does seem that there were some issues with your particular tour departure and it has been decided that the tour guide in question should no longer operate tours for us. It is a highly stressful job at times and not everyone has the right personality type.

On this tour we were let down by the supplier of a rental bus who did not have our bus ready at the agreed time. This is why the first day started and finished late and we have made an official complaint with them in regard to the inconvenience caused to our guests.

With regard to sights visited, there are 5 separate stops on the first day, with a combined total of 3.5 hours at those sights. The tour is designed to make sure you are not rushed at the locations. As for driving time, Tasmania is much bigger than most people realise. I'm sure you understand that we cannot make the driving distances any shorter - they are obviously the same as any other tour.

We are very proud of our holiday house accommodation, which is one of the features of this tour that our guests like the most. Having an exclusive lake house in the Tasmanian wilderness is a great benefit for our guests who enjoy having their own space and love the fact that they don't need to pack up their bags every morning. The house has undergone a complete renovation and all maintenance is up to date. It has 2 showers and 2 toilets - this is many more than is required under Australian law for the number of beds present. We do have a local lady who cleans the house and keeps it spotlessly clean. It appears that the tour guide was confused about what was expected on this tour and mistakenly thought that he needed to clean the house. I apologise if you thought you needed to assist with cleaning.

We chose the location of our holiday house because it is central to all West Coast attractions, while Strahan is not. Other Tasmanian tours stay 2 nights in Strahan and this means they must drive significantly longer distances than we do.

The Cradle Mountain Devil Sanctuary is not listed on our itinerary, so I'm not sure why you expected to visit it. Most of our guests do 5 day or 6 day tours with us and on those tours we have the option of visiting a much larger and more diverse wildlife park on the east coast. That park has more than just Devils, it also has koalas, wombats, kangaroos, wallabies, pademelons, quolls, possums and many other native animals, so we believe it is a much better option than the devil only park at Cradle Mountain.

Every sight we visit has been chosen with the benefit of 6 years of experience as a tour guide in Tasmania. It is impossible to satisfy the desires of every single person on a tour, but we try our hardest to please all of our guests. This is how we have won the Best Tour in Tasmania award two years in a row and why we have so many excellent reviews online.

Once again I apologise for the fact that our tour did not meet your expectations. I trust you understand that it is very unusual for this to happen and hope that you will give us the opportunity to show you Tasmania again. We are all born and raised in Tasmania and love showing off our beautiful island home to travellers from across the world.

Kind Regards
Greg Price
Managing Director

Encinitas, California
123 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 116 helpful votes
“Jump into Tasmania!”
Reviewed December 29, 2012

My husband and I were apprehensive about joining a backpacker tour since we were the oldest members in the group. First day, all worries dispelled! Our guide, Andrew, was informative, casual, funny, and a safe driver! This tour is a must if you want to get the most out of Tasmania. He highlighted the important towns and natural attractions one might miss on your own. We did the six day trip, Port Arthur was the last day. If you have more time than a week, do Port Arthur on your own. Good choices for our own meals along the way, market stops are encouraged and kitchens are always available. Pack light. Leave the driving and trip planning to the local professionals! You will not be disappointed!

Visited October 2012
Sydney, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Fantastic trip”
Reviewed December 28, 2012

I joined a Jump Tour on my own in October and had a great time. Tasmania is stunning and I enjoyed everything we saw/did along our way around the island. I don't drive, so wouldn't have been able to attempt this trip by myself. There were a range of people (all travelling by themselves) on our bus, from age 19 up to 60 and everyone got involved.

The Tasmanian weather can be crazy, so I'd recommend packing for all conditions. It was snowing at cradle mountain when we got there and I'm not sure many of our group had the right clothing. Also, take decent walking shoes or boots as there is quite a bit of walking involved. One girl managed to do the trip with only Ugg boots - impressive, but not ideal!!

1 Thank Happygirl84_10
Perth, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Excellent”
Reviewed December 10, 2012

Was anxious booking this trip about it being completely worth it. But I am so so happy in the end!!! I did the tassie max because i was interested in the history of port Arthur which makes it a six day-er. But the five day one seemed good too if you have limited time. Our guide was so knowledgable and had great stories relating to the area and there was a balance of hard or leisurey for the hikes and walks. If there wasn't it was a fairly easy walk anyways. I would completely recommend this company for the reason tassie doesn't have the infrastructure for traveling the state without a car. And the tour uses some of the back roads making the driving more scenic and pleasurable. The jump shack is super cozy as well and the other accom are fairly decent too. It's an excellent way to see everything and get off the beaten track as well as make a great group of friends too!

1 Thank hannah s
Hong Kong, China
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Best way to travel Tasmania if you don't have a car”
Reviewed March 16, 2012

I tried the Lap of Tassie in March. The tour is simply excellent, I think I have been to most of the places that I would love to visit in Tasmania, e.g. Cradle Mountain, Lake St. Claire, Bay of Fires..... I have pretty enough time to visit each of the place. The tour guide - Andrew is really nice and helpful and he is really know a lot about Tasmania, since he was born there.

The Accommodation arrangement is ok, except for the first two nights. However, for the first two nights, we are able to stay with the people in the tour in the same flat, cooking and chatting together, which was so much fun. Just one advice is that the flat in Tullah need some renovation.

If you dun have enough time for the 5/6 days tour, then i advise you to go for the West Coast one, which personally preferred, as there are a bit more natural spots.

Visited March 2012