“Great for breakfast”

Ranked #1 of 16 Bakeries in Hobart
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed December 8, 2013

My French girlfriend and I had breakfast here. I went for the scallop pie and she went for the eggs Benedict with a Hollandaise sauce on Brioche I think it was described as. Brioche is a very light bread, this was not. It was quite crusty, however, the dish was quite good none the less and we highly recommend it. The pie is excellent and the service was friendly. A very popular choice and it is for good reason, the food is good and the service friendly.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,723)

Reviewed December 8, 2013

This bakery shop is on Hampden road, which is the road along the Battery Point sign entrance and the Narryna Heritage Museum. There were throngs of customer during weekend breakfast but we were lucky to get a spot. Despite the multiple dining and take-away customers, service was still very good & fast.

Key takeaways:-
1. A very warm and cosy atmosphere, but the tables were a bit too small to fit in 3 breakfast plates, pies and coffee.
2. Prices were very affordable (AUD11) considering the excellent quality and combination of the food; my scrambled eggs with smoked salmon on danish pastry was a fantastic combo. My other 2 friends were also pleased with their choices of poached eggs on ham and panini with scrambled eggs, bacon with avocado. .
3. The scallop pie in Green Curry has a unique but weird taste to my Asian tongue but a good try. The scallops were juicy but does not combine well with the green curry that was inside. I still prefer the more traditional version in Richmond.

My next time to Hobart will be to revisit this place for breakfast and explore the other items on their mouthwatering display.

Reviewed December 3, 2013

Looking for something baked and savoury I figured this would be the place to go. It proved not to be. Eating one of the pulled pork tarts was an experience I wouldn't want to replicate. I just couldn't eat it and I tend to never do that. The flavours are entirely bizarre and I'm not sure if you need to drink it (perhaps goes with crab juice?) with something, but wasn't for me.
The breads and cakes looked nice and it had a good warm atmosphere, but I can only speak from the few bites I had - perhaps not recommended to eat this tart then. Try something else.

Reviewed November 28, 2013

We had a fantastic breakfast here! The service was friendly and efficient. The food was very reasonably priced especially considering he excellent quality of the ingredients. The bakery is only a short walk from the city centre right in historic Battery Point. The cakes and breads on display looked great too but we couldn't fit another thing in!

Reviewed November 28, 2013

Lovely place on the top of the hill. Discovered it by accident, not surprised to discover later that it was rated no 7 in Hobart.
Loved the butter loaf, delicious.

1  Thank Toby M