“Pleasant Sunday Yum Cha...”
Review of The Bund in Shanghai - CLOSED

Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 15, 2013

Very nice yum cha at Bund on Shanghai yesterday; it was a shame not many people were in for it as yum cha is all the better for a bit of chatter;
Ordering was off the menu rather than trolley and there was a good range of selections on offer..
Service was friendly and unhurried (which we like) and the dishes we chose were all really tasty & good value.
Small but good selection of wines & of course we had the the obligatory(for us) cold Tsing Tao beer to start.
We had not been for a while (for no particular reason) but won't leave it so long before our next visit.

Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

We were here on a busy Saturday night, but we did not realize that the restaurant was full; just because we always had the full attention. We were delighted with the warm hospitality of the staff: never did we see 'rush' in anyone's face.

Food was excellent. Great taste, immaculate presentation and decent portion: I needed a doggy bag!

In terms of ambience, it gives you a 'homey' feeling. Little away from busy streets, yet cozy and comfi: perfect for a romantic dinner or a family reunion.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

Having once previously dined here, we booked expecting to have a dinner that was 'a little bit special'. After being seated we were left sitting for a good 15 minutes without being offered a drink. I caught the waitress' eye after she served another table and requested drinks. She complied - albeit seemingly reluctantly. We perused the menu for ages waiting for the waitress to return. I had put my menu down and erroneously ordered deep fried beancurd cake (it was eggplant) - the waitress snapped that they didnt have that. How stupid was I?!? Her demeanour suggested that we were inconveniencing her. The food when it came was delicious and fresh. I had the aforementioned eggplant and a serving of Chinese greens. After having empty plates sitting at the table for 20 minutes, we gave up on ordering desert. In all fairness, I would like to add the other staff on the night provided good service to the fellow diners - we lucked out with ours and left with a bad taste in our mouths.

Reviewed June 8, 2013

I have eaten Yum Cha all over Australia, this restaurant was a bit of an enigma, where the food was absolutely delicious and fully of flavour, the service and price did not match. The serving of chilli and soy sauce was doll sized and when we asked for more soy sauce we got a strange look. The price for yum cha serving was from $6 to $9 per plate, and very little choices available. The time it takes for the services to get out was pretty slow, and the time it took the waitress to work out our bill was extraordinary, she calculated it then times on three different calculator's. The method for deciding on your yum cha was strange as you didn't get the sheet back once you had written it down, I am pretty sure they added a serving to it when they brought us what I think was an extra dish, but I can not prove it. This place while it has good food, needs to really pick up on the service, especially if they are going to charge outrageous prices for Yum Cha.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

One of only a handful of places in Hobart that do yum cha, and so very popular. HOwever that's no reason for the dreadful service we received on Mothers Day. Booked for 11.30 and told we needed to be out by 1.15 - but didn't get any service for 30+ minutes. Order your yum cha - doesn't come out on trolleys - and make sure your order is sufficient for at least a good first course for everyone as it takes at least half an hour.
The food itself was very good when it comes but the lack of attention from staff (had to ask three times for water, no offer of drinks, had to find someone to get addtional soy sauce....) would take this place off my list. We didn't get three dishes we'd ordered by the time the next group was ready to take our table and we had to argue about the bill as we'd been charged for them.
Not to be repeated