“Wow”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Did not have a booking but we were welcomed like close family and a table was quickly arranged. Fantastic food, brilliant, attentive and welcoming service from the owner and staff.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,575)

Reviewed July 11, 2013

We loved this place so much that we went back the next night with my parents! From the moment you step inside, you realise that this place is special. We knew that it was hard to get a table here but tried without a booking anyway. We were asked to come back in an hour, and we did. The table wasn't ready and as such, were offered some drinks to keep us company while we waited! such a lovely gesture (especially considering that we only had to wait about 10 minutes;-). The service at this restaurant is outstanding. I HAVE to mention the owner, as both times, he made us feel like the most important people in the room! Oh, and the food! it really is wonderful Italian food. I'm not usually a fan of pizza, but I will ge back again and again for the pizza we had here! Thanks for a fabulous evening (both nights)!

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Average Italian fare of pasta, veal etc but cooked so well in small and friendly setting. Veal was very tender, with tasty tomato and eggplant sauce. Tiramisu was best i have tasted, fresh and light sponge with big boost of coffee flavour- go a limincello to finish off- very authentic.

Reviewed July 5, 2013

I have eaten a lot of pizza, and sampled the original styles in Italy. When I moved to Hobart and found this institution I declared it the best pizza in my travels. A lot of flavour, the toppings are generous and the base perfectly prepared and cooked.

I've not yet eaten at the restaurant but each time I have dropped in to collect my order, the place is packed and loud with happy customers. The walls are adorned with photos of staff and the owner with his beloved Carlton football team and other celebrities, who seem to make this place somewhere to eat at when in Hobart. Adds a different charm to the place, and it works.

The staff are friendly, prompt and seem to really enjoying working there.

2  Thank Troy T
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Having worked in this industry for over 25 years, having my own Italian restaurant, and being a chef there rarely comes a time when I can honestly say this was simply the best night out I've had in a long time. Not at any point did I mention my professional backround, yet the service, food and atmosphere all came up trumps. This, to me, tells me it is true to its name, and highly professional. Especially the blonde waitress, (who, incidently, did not serve us.) whom I observed most of night seemed to me very knowledgable, polite and highly skilled. Don't get me wrong, all the staff were fantastic, but she stood out as a person who loved her career. (Which doesn't happen very often, and was most impressed!)

The homemade gnocchi was fabulous, as too the risotto and the pizza we shared. I had a Crème Brulee and OMG it was the BEST! The food was indeed fresh, nicely presented, and with a smile!

At the end of the night my husband was greeted by the owner and they had their little chat reminiscing about their previous careers and the fact my husband had met him before and remembered the car he drove 20 years ago......wow.

Amazing night, thankyou all, we will be back next time we are in Hobart, that's for sure!

2  Thank Tropea27