“Overall is very good”

Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Sydney, Australia
“Overall is very good”
Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

I went to this place after reading the reviews on trip advisor. Overall is good. Looks like the place is famous with pizza, the menu is rich of pizza, pasta and some meat. I had a nice minestrone but not so nice gnocchi, it was over cooked and too soft while fresh ravioli was good. Ambiance is vibrant and booking is preferred.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Melbourne, Australia
“Good Pasta & Great Deserts”
Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

Context: Family from Melbourne who loves Italian. Our regular place for the past 20 years is Lygon St, Carlton - so you could say we really know Italian! ;-)

The Food

Spaghetti carbonara. Pasta was cooked perfectly. Size of the bacon was great. The carbonara sauce was a little runnier than I expected, but still good.

Spaghetti Bolognese was excellent.

Vegetali pasta was very tasty. Perfect option for vegetarians.

Hot chocolate was generous size with marshmallows.

Creme brûlée was the best I'd ever had anywhere. Truly magnificent - whoever made it should be given a medal.

Pros

* Service was very polite. A waitress apologized for not taking our order earlier (she was flat out).

* High quality ingredients.

* Deserts are really amazing.

Cons

* No kids sized menu options. This is a big issue for families. If you can't persuade the kids to share a pizza, it's going to get really expensive. As the entree serving size is generous, its just too much for kids.

* Not fast. It took approx 45 mins to get our main meals.

* Staff upstairs were very busy at times. I have no doubt they were doing their best. I suspect it's pretty tough for them to run up and down stairs all the time.

Overall

Would I go back? That depends on the circumstances.

- With family - no.
- Romantic couples night out - yes.
- Work dinner - yes.

Overall: 8/10 (would have been 9 if it were a little less expensive).

Bacchus Marsh, Australia
“'Nothing's changed, but when it's the best..'”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I recently had the opportunity to visit Hobart after an absence of some time. Organising a night out with family, it was a unanimous decision to dine out at our favourite Italian restaurant in Hobart, D’Angelos’. I am so pleased that we did. Nothing has changed!

Owners and staff are genuinely interested in their customers; warmly welcoming you on arrival, making sure that you are happy with your table and seating arrangement, attentive during your meal but not intrusive; they are interested in what you have to say whether about the food or any other topic, not just making ‘polite conversation.’ They are knowledgeable about all the food on the menu and super efficient. Top this off with exquisite food.

Tomato based sauces are rich in a superb blending of flavours, but are not overpowering. Cream sauces are subtly enhanced, the consistency just right. Vegetables quickly blanched, retain their colour and crunch. Meat cooked to perfection. I could go on and on.

We started our meal with a herb pizza bread followed by different choices of the scallopini (veal) dishes, scallopini pizzaiola, scallopini vino e crema and scallopini limone, all mouth-wateringly delicious. Replete after our main courses but not wanting to forfeit dessert we shared a superb creme brulee served with house pistachio icecream. To accompany our meal we chose a bottle of 4 Sisters Savignon Blanc.

I repeat, nothing’s changed, but when it’s the best why would you want it to. D’Angelos’ for exquisite Italian cuisine.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Ann P
Adelaide, Australia
“Best pizza I have ever tasted”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Whilst recently holidaying in Hobart we had the good fortune of dining at Da Angelo Ristorante. We had booked the day before but the earliest they could find us a table was 8pm as it was an extremely busy night (however I suspect every night is busy). The service was very good and the owner seemed genuinely interested in our thoughts on the dining experience. All that aside, the consensus was that it was the best Pizza we had ever eaten (and we have eaten a lot)! Can't wait to go back next time I am in Hobart. Absolutely fantastic!!

Visited January 2013
1 Thank San57_12
“Absolutely fantastic food and service !!”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Having travelled all around the world and eaten at many restaurants I can honestly say Da Angelos is my favourite restaurant in the whole world, the food is supurb as with the service. A+++++++++

1 Thank Tilvo