“Best seafood in Hobart and is very "kid" friendly”
Review of Fish 349

Fish 349
Ranked #117 of 645 Restaurants in Hobart
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed June 3, 2013

My family look forward to eating at Fish 349 as there are plenty of options on the menu. The food has always been to our satisfaction and is fresh, well cooked and tasty. (My personal favourite is their Salt & Pepper Squid and the salad that accompanies it.) My kids (and I mean my little ones AND big ones) love to do the colouring-in while waiting for the meals to come out which are generally served very promptly in spite of always being busy. Probably the pick of the bunch in seafood eateries in Hobart and situated amongst an eclectic mix of world cuisine restaurants in North Hobart.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Great fish well presented but but !
"Go away we want to go home for the night" service. We arrived 8.50 pm friday night and ordered mains only. Staff stacked chairs around us and waiting left as soon as the meal was delivered. We left at 9.30 which was clearly too late for Hobart on an Autumn night. There were 3 other couples eating. Not a smile in the house.

Reviewed April 4, 2013

We have ended up here about 3 times now as its open all afternoon and we pass it on our way home.. Each time we have sworn never to return, and as Fish Frenzy is now open from 11am to 8pm or 9pm we wont be going back ever again.

The safest choice is fish and chips, although the chips can be soggy and the small amount of fish is usually overcooked. I risked the flounder and I think it was under the legal size !! The fish was a strange grey colour under its soggy skin, I think I ate about 3 small pieces before I gave up. The chips were soggy and greasy. We had ordered a green salad and even that was soggy with pieces of pear that had turned brown in it..

The tables are prone to be greasy which is offputting in itself.

Reviewed March 9, 2013

We ordered the fish349 special with high expectations. To say we were disappointed with the meal is us being polite. If it was a back street greasy shop, sure it would have been fine and half the price.
Prawns were extremely overcooked, calamari was oil drenched batter and the chips soggy and undercooked.
So far the food in Tasmania has been fanatic... This however was not. I would have liked to have spoken to someone to allow rectification, however all the teenagers working there really did not seem like they were interested in their personal conversations being interrupted.
To be fair, very clean toilets, clean restaurant and a good choice of take away ice cream that is tasty.

Reviewed February 20, 2013

Beautifully cooked food with superb flavours.Daringly different in style and lovely surrounds.An epicurean oasis in bustling North Hobart.