“Banquet not as good as I anticipated”
Review of Me Wah

Me Wah
Ranked #8 of 623 Restaurants in Hobart
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed May 26, 2013

A large family group visited me wah recently, we probably visit a couple of times a year, but this time we tried a banquet menu. For the $50 a head it was quite disappointing. There was certainly plenty of food, but none of it was up to me wahs usual standard. The wagu beef was particularly poor, a hunk of beef with nothing more than chopsticks to eat it with, and to tough to take a bite out of. I will visit again but never again the banquet. also my cousin had the peeking duck, it was pretty bad, very dry pancake and very fatty duck. Wouldn't recommend them either.

Reviewed May 17, 2013

Mee Wah is a complete surprise in Hobart - and I think it is terrific for a couple or for friends or for business. My last visit there was friends and I made the mistake of ordering a degustation meal and time-wise it was just a little too long. But the food is excellent, Peking Duck terrific, scallops divine and the Lobster in ginger and shallot sauce terrific but I wish sometimes it is a little more relaxed so everyone can help themselves rather than apportioned. The wine list is terrific.
As I said everything is beautifully cooked and beautifully presented with great panache. I just wish the waiter would smile a little! They seem too professional!

would I go again, yes, again and again but you do need to know and understand that the formality is part of their mojo and they do create excellent beautifully presented food in their own time. .

1  Thank Christine F
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Been here many times now and is always exceptional. The Yum Cha is as good as you will get anywhere, even in Hong Kong! Dinners are just as good. Massive wine list, exceptional service and great food. Stephen is a legend. My kids also love this place - dumplings, noodles, mango pancakes and the list goes on. Also has excellent private rooms.

Reviewed May 2, 2013

Beautiful, spacious room, delicious, elegant food, but fairly pricey with a high-priced wine selection,.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

Me Wah is a fantastic restaurant tucked away in a small group of shops. We were greeted by Richard the sommelier and seated at a large spacious table. The wine list is extensive and award winning. We had the peony banquet and enjoyed every mouthful. The servings are not overly big so we were able to get through the 8 courses without feeling overfull as you do with some chinese banquets. The service was exceptional and is a credit to Stephen the front of house manager. We would recommend this restaurant without hesitation.