“Impeccable service, outstanding food and very accommodating”
Review of Me Wah

Me Wah
Ranked #16 of 645 Restaurants in Hobart
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed February 21, 2012

This was the third time I have eaten at Me Wah Hobart (I have also dined a few times at the original in Launceston) and I cannot really fault their evening sittings.
The first time I went they allowed my children to share a main meal after they ordered their own entree, while the rest of us had a banquet. When their meal came out, the staff came with a trolley and split the meal in two at the table so I didn't have to do a thing.
This time the staff were no less courteous and the sommelier knowledgable and helpful.
We (including the kids) had the Peony banquet and even though the restaurant filled and there were two large parties, courses were nicely timed and exquisite.
I always love their sang choi bow and the seafood dumplings were gorgeous.
Only one of us wanted the dessert that came with the banquet (which I tasted and was beautiful anyway), but they were more than happy for most of us to order from the menu so I could get my 'favourite dessert' (this was conveyed from maitre'd to the staff). I loved their deep fried icecream - heaven in a bowl!
Expensive yes, but also worth it. It would be cheaper to share a few mains and entrees, which I would like to do next time.

Reviewed February 20, 2012

If you like the finer things in life then the Mee Wah is for you. It is a very up market restaurant and the service and the food is first rate. The prices are what you would expect to pay for great service and food. We will be back!

Reviewed February 18, 2012

The food was excellent- I couldn't decide between the chilli squid and the scallops so the waiter offered me half-half. We also had some children in our party and they really enjoyed the dumplings, chicken and sweet corn soup and crispy skin chicken.
The degustation menu sounded just to die for and I will definately return on a special occassion to try it.
The service was also top notch but not obtrusive. Everytime my glass of water was empty, someone was there to refill it and when I finished my wine they were offering me another.
The only thing I didn't like was how expensive the wines were by the glass. Ther cheapest was $11.50 and it went up from there.

Reviewed February 18, 2012

The set out of the tables is such that you are able to have a conversation with six friends and not strain to hear what is being said. There are generous spaces between tables that allow you to also move your chair out and not belt into someone sitting at the next table or knock over staff. Large groups have their own section which allows the main area to remain intimate. We opted for the banquet for $55 per head and were not disappointed. The food was individually served and while some may like the experience of several courses being presented at once this provided the stomach the opportunity to savour each course and appreciate the time and effort that has gone into the preparation of each morsel. Some of the wines were a tad on the expensive side however there is also a range of prices so finding one that suits the budget shouldn't be too difficult. There is a range of spirits and expert staff to provide recommendations if they are unable to accommodate your request. All in all a wonderful evening at a highly professional, beautifully presented restaurant. Oh, and the toilets are an experience as there are no taps, you wave your hand in front of the metal panel and warm water appears; then you wipe your hands on individual towels (luxury).

Reviewed February 10, 2012

Extremely Professional, excellent food, fresh and tasty. The best Chinese I have had in Hobart.