“What a deeelicious and delightful surprise-Monty's” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hearth

Hearth
Reserve with
Hearth is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 591 Restaurants in Hobart
Cuisines: Australian
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Delivery, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: Casual family friendly eatery serving pizza and small plates. We have a small boutique wine list and craft beers. Open fires and small intimate rooms make this a special place to dine.
Los Angeles, California
“What a deeelicious and delightful surprise-Monty's”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2014

We walked to this quaint and homey restaurant in Hobart from our hotel. My friend and I tried several entrees which we shared. EVERYTHING was wonderful-elegant and beautifully plated.
They were very small portions-but each bite was exquisite-no exaggeration. I even tried tongue and that was fabulous. The lamb was heavenly-We returned a second time in our 5 day visit-It was equally delicious.

Denver, Colorado
“A quaint, old home that has been turned into a fine restaurant.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2014

Our daughter, who is currently living in Hobart and attending The University of Tasmania had selected this restaurant as one that she really wanted to experience while we (and our credit cards) were visiting. We were not disappointed. All of our meals were exquisite! A bit pricey, yes, but well worth the great dining experience. Located in the Battery Park area, not far from the harbor (but up the hill if you are thinking of walking), is where will you will find this little gem. Very quaint, great food, but no views. Service was on the high end, too.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Queensland
“Amazing Flavours, Attentive Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2014

Being an old Hobart boy, I has been a regular visitor to this restaurant when it was called the Beefeater many years ago.

On a flying visit to Hobart for a few days, I wandered up Montpelier Retreat to see if the Beefeater was still there and had the luck that it is now "Monty's on Montpelier".

There's a slight disconnect here - as I walked up the steps to the front door all I saw was the cash register and I was assuming the restaurant was now a cheap and cheerful Indian joint. It wasn't an impressive start or indicative of what sort of restaurant it is. But inside is elegantly done, with smaller rooms, a larger room and a tasteful bar area.

I often eat on my own and am usually made to feel about as welcome as a mother-in-law on a honeymoon, but the charming staff welcomed me in by myself and had me sorted in minutes.

The mussels for entree and Trout for main were amongst the most flavoursome food I've ever had, all washed down with a few wonderful wines by the glass from a very extensive wine menu.

When there is a dessert named "Peanut butter mousse, chocolates & bananas" then you just have to have it, because it couldn't possibly be as bad as it sounds! It was delicious and very filling. That was washed down with my favourite dessert wine, Frogmore Creek Iced Riesling.

By this time I'd probably had enough, so then had a coffee and headed off. The value for money was excellent and next time I might even take my wife is she behaves herself.

Yep, that's how good it was!

2 Thank TravelBugged2008
Melbourne, Australia
“excellent cuisine and first class wine list”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2014

Excellent cuisine and wine in a relaxed informal but highly professional atmosphere....close to everything that moves in and the best building and wharf inHobart

Visited February 2014
Sydney, Australia
“Flavour and Service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2014

I selected this restaurant for a special dinner for two, and was not disappointed. We both agreed that the experience was faultless. Plenty of room in each dining area, a private feel to the seating, all staff were friendly, efficient and managed to engage with us in a personable way that did not encroach on our experience but let us feel connected and very well cared for at the same time.
Two things stood out for me: My main course was absolutely stunning (Pork), even it did not shout 'look at me' from the menu. It was a sublime dish with gentle but unusual flavours that I still recall with pleasure - even though it is now several days later. The second was that although I felt like desert, I have given up sugar for the most part. The Chef made a lovely desert for me with only minimal sugar. My partner was equally impressed with his meal, and we will be back!