STAYED 6 DAYS / 5 NIGHTS IN ROOM 210 (2ND FLOOR) ON DAVEY STREET SIDE.
We got a good rate of $135 p.n. for 1 bedroom apartment. I guess you get what you pay for, that is true - but filth & noise should not be part of the deal for a 4 star rated apartment. The good aspect of the apartment was how roomy it was and its proximity to Sandy Bay & Salamanca Place (lots of restaurants & Saturday markets are great).
Noise: This building is on the corner of Sandy Bay Road & Davey Street. Davey Street has been changed to a 3 lane one way speedway through the city. Even though the loungeroom windows appeared to be double-glazed, the traffic noise was horrendous! We could not sleep. The bedroom window was not double-glazed.
Filth: The kitchen looks like a recent addition with a refurbishment at some stage (very old building) but it had bearly been cleaned. The microwave/convection oven had left- over food spills inside. The carpet was so dirty that I had other people's long blonde & brown hair all over my socks from walking on the carpet. There was broken glass on the floor behind the bathroom door & bits of plastic. There was mould around the base of the glass in the shower recess & mould accummulated on the soap dish. The lounge was dirty & had spill & other marks all over the upholstery. The bathroom drains stank. We put the waste bin over the floor drain & poured eucalyptus down the sink/shower drains.
Maintenance: The bathroom circular handtowel holder came away & the cup holder was falling off. One of the Dining chair backs was bent back, so you felt like you would fall backwards.
Comfort: The sofa was low & very uncomfortable. The one tub chair was fine. The bed was king zipped - but as hard & lumpy as you will every experience. The pillows - there were 6 but they were all really soft or lumpy. We rolled up our towels & slept on them. That is another thing....5 nights and no housekeeping. Only a towel each, hand towel & bathmat. If you need additional linen or housekeeping before 7 days, there are additional charges.
Car Parking: We were advised it is limited basement parking @ $10 p.n., but it is very small and cramped. Everywhere in Hobart the street parking is limited so you really have to get hotel parking.
Staff: This is the best part. The staff were always lovely. They smiled and greeted us everytime we came and went. They also gave us a couple of towels when we explained why we needed them. The friendly staff are their biggest asset.
I have sent feedback to Mantra but not had a reply, so I felt compelled to warn other travellers so that they don't have their holiday to the beautiful city of Hobart spoilt, as we did!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled within the centre of Hobart, opposite St David's Park, Mantra One Sandy Bay Road provides apartment accommodation within close proximity to the central business district and surrounding areas. Comprising modern self contained studios and one bedroom apartments each has an open plan design to create space and maximise comfort. All studios and apartments are air conditioned and provide urban views over Sandy Bay Road, St David's Park, Mount Wellington and the city of Hobart. The studios and apartments are ideally situated within easy walking distance of government offices and within close proximity of the central business district and associated services. Stroll through beautiful St David's Park to historic Salamanca Place, famous for its weekend markets, nearby Sullivan's Cove and Hobart Dock areas featuring a plethora of restaurants, cafes and attractions all right at your doorstep. Whether visiting Hobart on business or pleasure, our property provides the ideal accommodation, ensuring maximum comfort and a home away from home. It's also the perfect base from which to experience the vibrant cultural lifestyle and all Hobart offers. **Reception hours are: Monday-Friday: 8:00am-6:00pm. Saturday: 8:00am-1:00pm. Sunday: 9:00am-12:00 noon. ** (If you are arriving after these hours please call reception to arange after hours check in) Limited secure under cover parking is available on-site for registered guests,(daily fee $15.00 Applies per parking space). PRE-BOOKING OF PARKING SPACES IS REQUIRED, due to limited facilities all parking spaces are subject to availability and confirmation by the property. Ample street parking in close vicinity to One Sandy Bay Road is available. Mantra One Sandy Bay Road apartments are serviced weekly. Should you be staying with us for 7 nights or more your unit will receive a complimentary mid stay service. For shorter stays which are un-serviced we are happy to offer the opportunity to have a Refresh service provided on the day of your choice during your stay at additional charges. **Car parking is available onsite for an additional cost of $15 per night but MUST be pre-booked in adavance with the property** ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mantra One Sandy Bay Road reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mantra 1 Sandy Bay Road
- Mantra One Sandy Bay Road Hotel Hobart
- Mantra One Sandy Bay Road Hobart, Tasmania