“We were kicked out!”

Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Seating
Hobart, Australia
“We were kicked out!”
Reviewed March 24, 2014

After a purchasing a few coffees, sitting there for about half an hour and declining a second round of coffees, we were politely asked to move to the library foyer. There was no line of people waiting for tables and this was between 10-10.30am so no lunch crowd either. This was a quiet meeting with a client, I was embarrassed and will not be returning - ever!

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank Mat C

Montreal, Canada
“Never again. Less than average coffee, rude staff.”
Reviewed March 5, 2014

Captive market in the library. Wifi comes from the library, so I suggest eating / drinking elsewhere and sitting in the library to access wifi. Coffee is very average, and as soon as I was done, I was asked if I want to order anything. I said 'no thanks' as I finished reading my email on my tablet, intending to leave in a few minutes. The owner told me it was almost lunchtime (11:30 mm hmmm) and I could access internet in the library. Have eaten meals there several times and never stayed long. Guy could have waited a few minutes to say something, since cafe was almost empty. Just rude. Will not return. Ever.

• Visited March 2014
3 Thank Zwoggelo
Tasmania, Australia
“Excellent coffee”
Reviewed February 16, 2014

I have enjoyed numerous great coffees and lunches here over a couple of years. Every time the coffee is of excellent standard and Zest obviously prides itself on its consistently great coffee. In my experiences I have always found the wait staff and owner attentive and friendly, often engaging in fun, friendly conversation. The floor-ceiling windows help give the cafe a bright, open atmosphere even on cold winter days and in summer, lunch can be enjoyed in the outdoor area. Highly recommend if you are after high quality coffee in Hobart!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank RowMac
Hobart
“Horribly rude owner & less than average food”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

I've been there a couple of times with my husband before for a quick bite, was ok (just ok, nothing spectacular).
Today I met my girlfriend who was in the library, so we decided to stay there for a cup of coffee and a chat. When I said that at the moment I feel only like coffee, the owner pointed out that it is a lunch time and I MUST order something from the lunch menu. Ok, I ordered overpriced haloumi chicken salad just to keep him quiet, because I wasn't even hungry. Salad itself was really poor quality - very tough chicken and burnt haloumi cheese. The second we finished eating and actually started to chat, owner ran to our table and asked if we want more drinks, which we refused. Then he says that the table we are sitting at is very popular and we can't have it if we don't eat. Which I found pretty hilarious since the place was half-empty and actually we had just had food and drinks. When I shared this observation with him, he became very angry and rudely advised us to "pack up and leave NOW". Though in his anger he didn't forget to grab our money (of course).
Before I left I told him that I intend to share this experience on TripAdvisor. His reply was that he doesn't care and he's got enough customers.
Well, do yourself a favour and go somewhere else - there is plenty of lovely places in Hobart where you actually get quality service and food for your money.

• Visited August 2013
5 Thank Sasha B
Lilydale, Australia
“Latte & a Melting Moment”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

After a day of shopping this was a nice spot to finish, the coffee was nice, the Melting Moment was delicious & the service friendly.

Visited July 2013