“Food and View were both great”

The Point Revolving Restaurant
Ranked #34 of 632 Restaurants in Hobart
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Seventeen floors above the River Derwent, The Point Revolving restaurant at Wrest Point radiates 'special occasion.' When the doors open and the view unfolds, you'll understand why The Point has been a backdrop of memorable dining for over 40 years. This new refurbished Hobart restaurant is committed to people, produce and place. Our French-inspired menu weaves some of Tasmania's finest ingredients into a dining experience punctuated with theatre and flair, like the sound of Crepe Suzettes cooked at your table by your waiter. We love to put on a show at Wrest Point Tasmania, and this extends to dining. What's more, beyond the table entertainment, rolling views of Hobart's city, Tasman Bridge and Mount Wellington are priceless. If you want to celebrate, spoil those close and mark a new memory, let us set you a table at the top.
Reviewed February 22, 2014

Go early enough so that you can see the view before it gets too dark. The food was gourmet and enjoyable. We also enjoyed a cocktail to start. The good thing was as we were staying in the hotel we could just hop in the lift and we were back to our room at the end of the night. Service was extremely good.

Reviewed January 23, 2014

We went for cocktail only as we had previewed menu online and there was a lack of vegetarian options.
We wanted to see the view and revolve!
The cocktails were excellent. The service was great and so polite.

By the time we left the smell of cooking steak was spreading though the space ...

Be aware it only opens a t 6pm and is only available for drinkers and diners. Check the menu online.

1  Thank Acsgcs
Reviewed January 21, 2014

We travelled from Brisbane to Hobart for my mother in law's 60th birthday and boy did we have a great celebration! The food was excellent, service spot on and they have a great selection of Tassie wine (we had the Moorilla Chardonnay and it did not disappoint). The menu is a little pricey but for the quality time of food, the view and excellent service we thought it was well worth it. A definite winner!

1  Thank Kelly R
Reviewed January 10, 2014

Our table was over half an hour late - we were offered no apology. We were told to wait in the bar for our table, but not offered a drink.
They didn't clear away the previous diners' ice bucket!
We had to ask for bread. After ordering our mains, we did not see our waiter for the rest of the evening (Ricky, he was so rude). And we had to ask for the dessert menu! And when you go up to pay, they ask your waiter to confirm what food you ordered, in front of you! SO unprofessional! Service here is TERRIBLE!!!!
Food is hit and miss. Unfortunate, as this restaurant has such potential.

4  Thank SwindyR
Reviewed January 8, 2014

After a few very difficult months my almost adult children and I decided to splash out on a New Years Eve at The Point Revolving Restaurant in Hobart. It is a revolving restaurant with amazing views. I had been there for New Years Eve a few years ago and while very expensive it was a wonderful, indulgent experience. We were very excited and my son and his teenaged girlfriend saved their own $200 a head and I paid for myself and my 12 year old. We dressed to the nines and expected to have a wonderful time. Unfortunately we were sadly disappointed. The food was very average (aka ... dreadful)! The service was horrendously slow, the portion size disgraceful and the quality ... well there wasn't any. To give more detail; the taster was like a pea puree and there was less than a teaspoonful. It tasted at best OK. The entree ... my son ordered a pork dish .. a bit like a spare rib (one) and it was very tasty. The girls and I ordered lobster bisque. It was a thin orange soup ... very disappointing. With our main courses we all ordered differently so actually had all options (there were four choices). My son had a wagu beef dish and again it was fine. Not delicious but not terrible. I ordered Blue eye. It was hot and not over cooked but the smallest piece of fish I have ever seen. The accompaniments were very sparse and not very tasty. My daughter in law had duck. She ordered it medium to well done and it practically quacked at her. My younger daughter ordered a linguine dish. It was disgusting. It tasted like a bowl of spaghetti that had been cooked and left uncovered in the fridge to go hard. It was dry, hard and tasteless. The desserts were OK but not great. Lemon tart we all chose. To follow we had a walnut sized ball of chocolate ice cream. The service was painfully slow. The music, which was live, was very lackluster and reminded me of lift music. At midnight there was a piper playing the bagpipes which was lovely but many people had already left. We were very disappointed and I resolved to never go there again. It would have been disappointing at $100 a head but $200 a head was outrageous.

3  Thank Lesley R