“Husband's surprise 60th birthday dinner”

The Point Revolving Restaurant
Ranked #28 of 614 Restaurants in Hobart
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Seventeen floors above the River Derwent, The Point Revolving restaurant at Wrest Point radiates 'special occasion.' When the doors open and the view unfolds, you'll understand why The Point has been a backdrop of memorable dining for over 40 years. This new refurbished Hobart restaurant is committed to people, produce and place. Our French inspired menu weaves some of Tasmania's finest ingredients into a dining experience punctuated with theatre and flair. Like the sound of Crepe Suzette cooked at your table with flair by our waiter staff? We love to put on a show at Wrest Point Tasmania, and this extends to dining. What's more, beyond the table entertainment, rolling views of Hobart's city, Tasman Bridge and Mount Wellington are priceless. If you want to celebrate, spoil those close and mark a new memory, let us set you a table at the top.
Reviewed January 28, 2013

My husband and I share the same birthday 26th February, and it was his 60th in 2012. We are a very small family so I decided we would go to Tasmania for a week's holiday. I organised a surprise birthday dinner at The Point Revolving Restaurant with brother and his wife driving up from Port Arthur and our son and his fiancee flying in from Brisbane. As I couldn't think what to buy my husband for this auspicious occasion, I decided to get him a bottle of Grange Hermitage to have with dinner. Before leaving BrisbaneI had spoken with the Maitre d' who made the year selection, and on the day of the dinner, our son and I went up to the restaurant late afternoon to discuss the dinner with the Maitre d' whilst he decanted the Grange in front of us. To say that my husband was flabbergasted to arrive at our supposed table for 2 to see our relatives smiling up at us, would be an understatement! And after an apperitif his decanter and bottle of Grange was proudly wheeled out on a trolley by our somellier along with my birthday card to him. To this day he still says it's the best ever present he's ever received in his life. The food was fantastic, and of course my brother had to have the crepe suzette as it was flambeed at the table. We shared some exceptional wines whilst my husband enjoyed his bottle of Grange. I cannot fault the service, it was attentive and unobtrusive. The best night ever - food, wine, service and company!!! I think I signed my visa card chit for around $1,100 but it was worth every cent for the memories. If you get the opportunity, you must go. Oh, I forgot to mention the view whilst the restaurant is revolving - we didn't notice that much but our future daughter-in-law was overawed.

1  Thank AvidTravellers56
There are newer reviews for The Point Revolving Restaurant

Reviewed January 13, 2013

While expensive, the restaurant has first class service, and delicious food. Furthermore, you get to take a revolution around the hotel is a little more than an hour, with a fabulous view over the Hobart harbor and Mt. Wellington. Worth it for special treat.

1  Thank SeeTheWorld4Peace
Reviewed January 12, 2013

The decor is classic but I wouldnt describe it as dated.
The view is superb - we were there on a warm sunny summer night although the restaurant became much cooler once the sun had gone.
Wait staff were attentive and well informed.
Menu was not extensive but the set meu at AUD83.00 pp plus wine was certainly sufficient with vegetarian options.
Restaurant was doing good trade for a Saturday night in Hobart.
I hadnt dined there befor but certainly enjoyed the experience - worth a look - even for the ever changing view!

1  Thank mintie
Reviewed January 8, 2013

The revolving restaurant is definately a place to go. We went at night and it was just remarkable. Great from a few drinks, cocktails and nibbles before heading out for the night.

2  Thank Amanda H
Reviewed December 18, 2012

A birthday occasion with friends. An excellent night. Started with complementary valet parking (for two cars for our party of five), then up to the 17th floor. Everyone gets a view and the view is 360 degrees of Hobart. Very friendly staff, excellent food and service and nice touches like the iced chocolates at the end of the evening. Nothing to fault them on.

3  Thank Philip M