“Fresh Fish & Chips”
Review of The Fish Bar - CLOSED

The Fish Bar
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed April 16, 2012

One of my favourite fish restaurants in Hobart. I have been going here for many years. This is the King St, Sandy Bay branch - it does not overlook the harbour. Take away or eat in. I like the trevella marinade. It also has a reasonable salad bar. Reasonably priced.

Reviewed April 9, 2012

One of my favourite venues just because of the freshness of the seafood and the gelati. Cute concept and very kids friendly. Venue hire available for larger groups and a good dessert list. Tad on the pricey side, but well worth the lighter wallet.

Reviewed March 25, 2012

Cost me $30 for a single piece of Ling fish and some medium chips plus a few potato cakes - AND portion size was eeency weeency like the spider - that means TINY!!

Since when has the humble takeout fish and chips become a fancy shmamcy event? Give me back old newspaper wrappings please.

Reviewed February 22, 2012

Lovely food overlooking the harbour lots of different choices on the menu

Reviewed January 30, 2012

I went here on a recommendation from the B&B I stayed.
This fish bar provides great fish and quite cheap. It is around $10 - $20. It opens from 9 am - 8 pm / 8.30 pm. I got there a bit late, and they only served for take away. The garlic prawn for entree is a good choice. Try the beer battered fish with chips. Will be back to try the seafood platter.