“Oversize Banquet ”

Tandoor and Curry House
Ranked #61 of 616 Restaurants in Hobart
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: A 20 years old traditional Indian restaurant located in Hobart City.
Reviewed May 15, 2014 via mobile

My colleagues and I order the "Maharaja Banquet". It really was fit for a Maharaja.

Huge and delicious Entree portions to start with, followed by an even amazing mains. Madras Prawns were spicy and yummy.

For dessert we had the Pasitashio Kulfi, which really hit the spot.

Banquet had flexibility in the choice of dishes we could order for the mains and dessert, which was great.

Banquet was also great value for money.

Would recommend to anyone visiting Hobart.

Reviewed May 14, 2014

The food tasted amazing! The staff were very good but I think our order must have got lost in the process. They soon sorted it out and it was worth the wait. Also, very reasonably priced. I'd definitely go back again.

Reviewed April 19, 2014

Our family of five enjoyed the good quality food, for example, not a skerick of fat or gristle on any of the meat. The Tandoori chicken, Beef Vindaloo and fresh nan were excellent.
The young staff were kind and patient. The decor was shabby but we didn't mind.
We would definitely come here again

Reviewed April 1, 2014 via mobile

I really enjoyed my first visit to this place. The service was friendly and quick. The food was lovely - I had the makhan chicken and cheese naan. Both were flavoursome and really good value. I will definitely return on my next visit to hobart.

Reviewed March 20, 2014 via mobile

What can I say? My wife and I eat at this restaurant about once a month and the reason we keep going back is simple: nobody does it better. The staff are attentive and friendly and the food really is amazing! If you're not sure what to have, start your meal with the incredible lamb cutlets cooked in the tandoor or the choosa tikka chicken. Both are generous serves and are cooked to perfection. I have tried almost everything on the menu now and never been disappointed, but ALWAYS go back to the Makhan Chicken, their own version of butter chicken. This dish is truly amazing. I have taken many friends to try this, and all of them are now regulars. The depth of flavour is unmatched by other restaurants in my opinion, and all of their meals are reasonably priced. Isn't it nice when they assume you would want rice with your meal and not charge you extra for it? Doesn't happen often! The banquet menus are a great way to sample all on offer, and no one will be left wanting! This really is a fantastic and modest little restaurant, and is definitely worth trying.