“Fantastic”

Tandoor and Curry House
Ranked #44 of 603 Restaurants in Hobart
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: A 20 years old traditional Indian restaurant located in Hobart City.
Tasmania, Australia
“Fantastic”
Reviewed August 2, 2012

Consistently great food at very good prices. Always enjoyable. Service is friendly and attentive but not too much so. Always cozy. An amazing model of the Taj Mahal in the restaurant.

Visited May 2012

• Indonesian first
Hervey Bay, Australia
“Once was the best, time for a shake-up”
Reviewed July 27, 2012

I chose this restaurant for a group meal but I am doubting my choice now.
We arrived and were left standing in the bar area and ignored by some staff members before being attended to and shown to our table, which was up and around from the main area and against a wall. The waiter was not competent and failed to deal with our service correctly. Continuously failing to check the table, offer drinks, and also taking a long time to bring drinks and even replace table water, considering there were only 4 other tables being used in the whole restaurant.

The meals were ok, but nothing fantastic, the flavour was ok, but was not as good as everyone had told me it once was. The naan bread was perhaps the best thing about the night.

The service is severely lacking, the meals were not presented as they should have been or as I remember, and the overall 'feel' inside the restaurant is not very welcoming.

I won't be returning unless I hear some decent comments and recommendations as in my opinion it's gone downhill.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank jetpilotsimmo
Hobart, Australia
“Gone downhill”
Reviewed July 26, 2012

Used to be brilliant, but with the new owners the food has really gone downhill. I don't bother going back any more.

1 Thank Charlie F
Hobart, Australia
“One of the better Indian restaurants”
Reviewed June 28, 2012

On the western edge of Hobart's centre, is a very good Indian restaurant that I have visited many times. The food is of a consistently high standard. The tandoori lamb chops and the butter chicken are stand outs but I have enjoyed all of the items I have tried. I think their kitchen is small, so if you have a small party (maybe less than six) and it is not a busy night you will have no problems. I have been a couple of times when the restaurant was full and we were part of a large group (more than eight of us) and wait times have been disastrous and errors made. They have cheerfully corrected the errors but some people I know won't go back. So bear this in mind!

• Visited May 2012
Hobart Tasmania
“best tandoor indian food in tasmania”
Reviewed June 28, 2012

We go here frequently and also often pick up takeaway. The food is always excellent. The best naan bread outside of India!. It is also very affordable and the service is great.

Visited June 2012